This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Getting weight measurements INTO Garmin Connect - 3 ways only?

As far as i can tell there are only 3 ways to get your weight measurement into Garmin Connect:

1. Input it in manually.
2. Buy a Garmin scale and stand on it.
3. Get your weight into myfitnesspal then connect it to Garmin to sync automatically.

Does anyone have any other ways to sync weight measurements INTO Garmin's ecosystem?

[Aside: I record my weight with a Withings/Nokia scale and sync it with myfitnesspal. But for other reasons i don't want Garmin and myfitnesspal connected (crazy high step calories from my 735XT syncing across and screwing up my daily calorie goals). I can easily get my weight into other services, but Garmin ONLY seems to take input from the 3 options above. Note iOS Health sync is a total failure as well.]

Thanks!
  • Another two :-)

- manual work: Withing -> ifttt (new measurement) -> ggl apps script (calculation of bmi) -> auto eml with something like the text below.. than copy&paste and save as csv = manual import to Garmin
    Body
    Date,Weight,BMI,Fat
    12-08-2017,84.0,25.93,18.75

- Android app SyncMayTracks: Withings to Endomondo -> SyncMayTracks auto update wight every xy hours

Now getting the Index so that I have it within Garmin immediatelly.

M.
  • Android app Weight logger exports directly to Garmin Connect. It also transfers other measurements such as body fat, body water, and muscle mass.
  • Thanks guys. Use an iPhone and not Android unfortunately. Wish there was an easier way.
  • I'm only able to get MFP cal in\out to sync up with GC. Weight is getting registered in MFP but not syncing to GC. Any ideas?

• Perhaps try disconnecting then reconnecting everything. Has it worked in the past?
  • I also haven’t seen MFP sync weight with GCM. I just tried to disconnect the reconnect , still the same. Is there a setting to what we can sync?
  • if you have a withings scale i just wrote a script that auto uploads weight, water %, fat %, bone mass, and muscle mass everyday. Is this something you'd pay for? I'd consider turning it into an app.

• If you're going to go to that much trouble you might as well just type the number in manually each morning. The point is to have it sync automatically.
  • You can't enter anything but weight when entering it manually - by creating a fit-file to import it's possible to add all metrics that Garmin can track keep of. I guess that's the added value.

I was using Weight Logger myself, an app on Android, to save additional metrics that I would get from a body composition scale without connectivity before I bought the Index (which thankfully always have worked correctly :o). The app can save to Garmin Connect directly and create fit files if desired.
  • if you have a withings scale i just wrote a script that auto uploads weight, water %, fat %, bone mass, and muscle mass everyday. Is this something you'd pay for? I'd consider turning it into an app.

If it was a reasonably priced app, yes, I'd pay for it.