This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Getting weight measurements INTO Garmin Connect - 3 ways only?

As far as i can tell there are only 3 ways to get your weight measurement into Garmin Connect:

1. Input it in manually.
2. Buy a Garmin scale and stand on it.
3. Get your weight into myfitnesspal then connect it to Garmin to sync automatically.

Does anyone have any other ways to sync weight measurements INTO Garmin's ecosystem?

[Aside: I record my weight with a Withings/Nokia scale and sync it with myfitnesspal. But for other reasons i don't want Garmin and myfitnesspal connected (crazy high step calories from my 735XT syncing across and screwing up my daily calorie goals). I can easily get my weight into other services, but Garmin ONLY seems to take input from the 3 options above. Note iOS Health sync is a total failure as well.]

Thanks!
  • I'm using Wight Logger android app - need manual sync but works like a charm.

• autosync doesnt work?  is it trusted app to put garmin account there? 

i ried that manual update but it doesnt work. i dunno why

• That's not exactly true.  First of all even if you transferred body fat and muscle information it wouldn't show up because I don't think the Garmin database is set-up to use that data.  Second, Garmin only appears to accept one entry a day, so if you weigh yourself multiple times only the last entry for that day will stick.  

Now as far as autosync, my initial experience was not it doesn't autosync, but then a few days later I started noticing that it is syncing the most recent weight.  I'm not sure where it's getting it from, but I did set up sharing with runkeeper, myfitness pal, and Strava and I think all of them pull my weight data from Withings/Nokia. 

So yes autosync appears possible and having a more extensive script probably doesn't add any value unless I'm missing something obvious.  

Sadly I cannot tell you which app permitted to autosync, but if I had to guess it would be myfitnesspal, even though the data sharing clearly DOES NOT say it share's weight data.  Go figure.  

• This is works but what about others?

Water,Muscles,Bones

,Bone,Hydration,Muscle

I can't export 

• As best I can tell (and I could be wrong) the Garmin app only does weight and only one weight measurement a day. 

It seems very crude to me with no great graphs or averaging to see trends.  

• Same problem, I tried to export from MyFitnessPal to GC all the weight data but fat body / water / muscles / bones doesn’t export. Only Weight and IMC, someone has a solution to export all of the data to Garmin connect ? For information my scale is a withing/NokiA

below the data exported from MyFitnessPal

• I get only one weight sync at the time  connecting.to MFP..

• It's pretty ridiculous that we all have to deal with Garmin's lack of partner connections. Horrible business model will cost them so many users. We should already have connections to google fit and apple health so that all ecosystems are interconnected and able to share information at the users discretion.

I have a Withings scale and literally have no way except MyFitnessPal (which I DON'T use) to intermediate the connection of info.

Garmin should expand the partner connections

• have you tried submitting your concerns to https://www.garmin.com/en-US/forms/ideas/
    I had a chat few times on various issues and twice I was told that Garmin actually consider doing something when they get a lot of feedback on the same issues and they advise me to submit my ideas using that form which I did. So I guess everyone who'd like better integration of Garmin with other fit apps should drop them a note and ask.

• Hey, I don't have a scales yet and also found this app, and I wonder is it really able to export all the data and not  just weight to Garmin Connect and Garmin doesn't ignore that data?