How to remove Golf in Garmin Connect?

I don't play any golf, if possible to remove it from Garmin Connect (web and Mobile)?

Thanks!
  • I don't play any golf, if possible to remove it from Garmin Connect (web and Mobile)?

Thanks!

Is there really no news on this? Back when I had a vivoactive I thought it was just Garmin's way of showing me I bought their budget product, but now I have a F5 and I still have Golf clutter in the app. They can't be serious.
  • The last time I contacted Garmin Support about this (which was a couple years ago) there was no way to remove it; once you have a device that has the "Golf" activity profile, you're stuck with it being there (even if you never use the feature...or get rid of the device).
  • I hope Garmin will notice our wish to remove this annoying golf tab. I'm practicing running, swimming and bicycling only, so I would like to hide the golf tab as well. Moreover, why the Routes are now hidden in Training tab? It doesn't make sense - usually when I'm following a route, I do not ride intervals.
  • Yes, it annoys me too ! I'd like cycling and running tabs in Garmin Connect, but not golf ! Many, many people have requested this Garmin, so why can't it be done ? Do you listen to your clients ?
  • I guess while thread necromancy is a bad thing in general, for this one it makes sense:
    Please Garmin, allow us to remove Golf from Garmin Connect!
  • Why not just ignore it, that's what i do, some folk like me who only ride could say remove running, swimming, gym workouts etc
  • Why not just ignore it, that's what i do, some folk like me who only ride could say remove running, swimming, gym workouts etc

Because Golf is much more prominently presented in the app than riding, running, gym exercising, rowing, swimming, etc. (all those are simply grouped in the "Activity" main tab); while Golf has two 2 Main tabs (Download Golf Courses (which should be somehwere in Golf settings instead of being a main tab), and Garmin Golf) plus several sub-tabs (Golf Scorecard, Golf Course Stat, Golf Overall stat). As such, Golf uses uses way more screen estate in the Connect menu than ALL the other activity types combined (e.g., Running is just "Running" in Activities - and I think we can safely assume that all people who bought a ForeRUNNER bought that thing for running, and not for Golfing).

But, to be fair, you have a point: It should be customizable in GENERAL which sports you want to see or support, and yes, you should also be able to disable running, cycling, walking, or yoga if you do not care about these things. This is just a basic thing in good user interface design, and nobody should need to ignore irrelevant information and clutter.

All in all this, should be an extremely simple change, which shouldn't take a semi-competent programmer more than a few hours or even less and would probably make quite some people happier who like to focus on only one or maybe two sports...