This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sending daily step data to Google Fit?

Hi,

I wear my Garmin device (Forerunner 235) at all times and would like to see all daily steps being synced to Google Fit.

There are 2 cases:
- step data during a workout: the Garmin records a workout. This workout then gets synced to Strava. Later on, Strava gets synced to Google Fit.
If I'm not mistaken (Just got my first Garmin and did my first workout only today), this way step data gets eventually sent to Google Fit. But only the step data recorded during the workout.

- step data outside of a workout: this gets tracked in the Garmin Connect app. But is it possible to eventually send it to Google Fit?
I see, when I enable the MyFitnessPal connection, all my step data being sent to MyFitnessPal, which is good.
MyFitnessPal can make a connection with Google Fit, BUT it seems MyFitnessPal can only receive step data from Google Fit; not send.

Anyone know any way to do this?

Kind regards,
Asgaro
  • No replies? I am looking to do the same.

Asgaro - any luck with this?

Thanks,

Dennis
  • There is a long thread in the forums about how to get Connect working with Google Fit. It starts in a similar way to this one but eventually someone posted a solution within the thread.

It was a bit of an involved process but apparently worked if you were willing to do the multiple steps to get it going. I don't think I've seen a post in that thread in at least 3 or 4 months. You should be able to find it if you do a search.
  • I use an Android app called Health Sync to sync Garmin data with Google Fit.