This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sleep data export from Garmin Connect

Hello all,

I would like to export sleep data - light & deep sleep pattern collected in Garmin Connect to some usefull format like *csv,*txt, *xls.
Is it possible somehow?
What I found is possibility to export duration of sleep but I would like to analyze sleep patterns in details during time period.

Thanks for advice

Andrej
  • In Connect if you choose Sleep from the main menu, there is a gear wheel icon in day overview in the upper right corner, that allows an export of sleep phases in FIT file format as it seems ... the download itself is a ZIP, that contains a folder with many FIT files.

So I would guess with a FIT file editor a tranfer to Access and/or Excel should be possible ... e.g. this one:

http://fitfilerepairtool.info
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 7 years ago
    It'd be really nice if one could just bulk export all the data without having export on per day basis.
  • I do not understand why sleep data cannot be exported? Maybe garmin only keeps summarised data for old sleep info in order to create insights and so on. that would also be ashame, anyone had found any possibility to export it?

regards,
    kreso
  • Sleep data CAN be exported, it is just a lot of work because you have to export it every day, and there is currently no easy way to do anything with it unless you are good with spreadsheets, Java or C(++).
  • I'm using google chrome, i've found the cog icon, but there are no options under it to even download one day's worth of data.  It would really be great to be able to get this data and work with it.

• There is no export function for the sleep data, but you can export it by using the URL shown below, in JSON format. Replace the XXXXXXXXXXXXX with your User ID as found at the end of the address line of your public profile (after clicking your avatar in Garmin Connect Web). And replace the date, with the date of your interest. The last parameter has some impact on the granularity of the data.

connect.garmin.com/modern/proxy/wellness-service/wellness/dailySleepData/XXXXXXXXXXXX?date=2020-07-16&nonSleepBufferMinutes=60

If you have no JSON enabled editor, you can make the data better readable by copying and pasting it for example into the JSON viewer at https://codebeautify.org/jsonviewer, or you can convert it to CSV or Excel files for example at http://convertcsv.com/json-to-csv.htm

• When I using the URL you mentioned I get the following error:

{"message":"Requester not authorized to view data for another user.","error":"ForbiddenException"}

If I try to get another data (for example
    dailyHeartRate - connect.garmin.com/.../XXXXX it's work.

Any idea what is the problem?
  • This worked for me and was able to view and download to excel, very nice. Is there something similar for Activities? I know one can manually export each activity individually in Connect but is there a URL I can go to like the sleep one you provided that has activity data?

• I got the same error message but I copied my user ID and pasted in again and it worked. If you recently reset your device that may have caused the problem. I tried the DailyHeartRate and it also worked for me. Any way to get Activity data this way?

• Do you know any links for detailed activity data?