This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Moving Time Wrong Suddenly

The last 2 rides I have done (Yesterday & Today 4th July 2016) seem to be displaying differently in Garmin Connect and I don't know why.

For years now the Elapsed time is as it suggests and moving time just the time you were actually going along. So stopped at traffic lights or the café then moving time stops. The last two rides the moving time is the same as elapsed time and Time showing time in the saddle.

I know the auto pause is still working as it shows me every time I stop and start and my average speed is calculated properly.

I have Strava Connected so uploads to Strava are automatic and they appear correct on there.

Anyone else seeing this?
  • Same problem here, quite annoying. Should be really an easy fix. Happened the first time the 29 of june. Let us know if the activity already ulpoaded will be fixed, otherwise i won't upload since fixed
  • When is this problem going to be fixed!
  • Problem still going strong on my end. I was surprised to see my moving time longer than my elapsed time. On one of my activities it had the number of seconds at XX:60.X

Wouldn't that be another minute?
  • Strange. Yesterday's run showed elapsed time / moving time correctly on Garmin Connect. Today's run and elapsed time / moving time are again incorrect.
  • Time in splits

In splits I find sometimes moving time is greater than time and sometimes viceversa.
    Please at least explain us why
  • i have the excactly same issue and i can tell you excactly when the issue started
    i have a ride on the 2. july that shows correctly over time as all my previous activity does but my ride on the 3.july shows the bad data timeline
    i know i can chenge to "by distance then it looks okay but its the same issue in the mobile app and in there its not possible to change the timeline
    havent seen any issues on my runs yet but that might be because they are mostly done on threadmill
  • We appreciate the discussion on this topic. This issue has been escalated to the Garmin Connect team for further investigation, so that it can be resolved.

i see now the issue has been escalated to garmin so no sense keep writing about this issue for now
  • I don't agree. This is a fairly fundamental issue that has been going on for weeks. I am trying to work through a fitness programme and when you can't be certain whether something as basic as a time is correct or not it makes this very difficult. The very least Garmin should be doing is giving a reassurance that the problem is being worked on, an estimate of when it will be fixed and whether data already uploaded will automatically be corrected or not. They are more likely to treat this with some degree of priority if people complain about it rather than sitting back and waiting for something to be done. Maybe then they will even actually fix the problem.
  • 2012, 2014 and now 2016 same problem

I wonder if they looked back to see what fixed the problems before. Time,speed, heart rate, cadence all are effected according to the graph showing the sliding downward of data. My time vs moving time is now .9 mph slower. I can't calculate the effects on speed, heart rate and cadence but it is clearly visible. too bad this is not an important problem and was not in 2012 or 2014 based on the months it took to fix.
  • I uploaded another activity today and found that the problem is still there. I also made an unfortunate discovery, if you toggle elevation correction it causes Connect to redraw the graphs, which because of the time bug leaves you with defective graphs, even for old activities uploaded before the bug. I'm surprised this hasn't been fixed yet, it has been more than two weeks. Could we get an ETA for the fix?