This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Moving Time Wrong Suddenly

The last 2 rides I have done (Yesterday & Today 4th July 2016) seem to be displaying differently in Garmin Connect and I don't know why.

For years now the Elapsed time is as it suggests and moving time just the time you were actually going along. So stopped at traffic lights or the café then moving time stops. The last two rides the moving time is the same as elapsed time and Time showing time in the saddle.

I know the auto pause is still working as it shows me every time I stop and start and my average speed is calculated properly.

I have Strava Connected so uploads to Strava are automatic and they appear correct on there.

Anyone else seeing this?
  • Elapsed time more than moving time.

My moving time is also several mph less than the average mph. This has happened during the last several rides. 7/4/2016
  • Mo

Yes. Seeing exactly the same issue on a ride recorded on the Edge 520.

Time: 4:55:43

Moving Time: 6:26:24

Elapsed Time: 6:43:09

Garmin: Please fix. Average cadence, speed and heart rate affected.
  • Same here

Let's get this fixed. It must be a Garmin Connect issue.
  • Not sure if this is the same issue or a related problem, but starting with activities I uploaded today, Garmin Connect has started using "elapsed time" instead of "time" for the graphs. Hopefully this will be fixed soon and apply to already added activities.
  • I too have been having problems with Garmin Connect's "Moving Time" and "Avg Moving Speed" data fields. I ride enough to notice changes and it seem this new issue started between June 26 and June 30. Those two fields up to June 30 alway closely reflected "Time" with "Moving Time" and "Avg Speed" with "Avg Moving Speed". Now those field's data are far apart from each other. I have emailed Product Support regarding this. I'll post their reply as soon I they respond back to me.
  • I have the same problem, it started on the 29th for me. I've also logged it with Garmin Support
  • Yes, me too. June 30th is when I noticed it

I ride almost every day and it has been wrong since last Thursday (6/30) for sure. I didn't ride on the 29th and I saw another post that's when he noticed it so that's probably the day when this happened. This goof doesn't apply to any single device. Everyone I follow has the same issue and we have different devices so this has to be a Connect issue.
  • I usually ride to work, pause then power off until I'm finished for the day.
    I notice that over the same timeframe mentioned for this issue my graphs changed from being ~1.5 hrs (total unpaused time) to ~13.5 hrs (paused + unpaused time).
    My Graphs are about 90% flatline now, showing the time the device was paused and off.

I've reached out to Garmin 3 days ago. Nothing but silence so far.
  • Moving Time now greater than un-paused Time??

I see the same issue in Garmin Connect.
    Data logged before 27june2016 is ok but after 3july2016 rides show Moving Time greater than Time (un-paused time).
    This makes no sense since a previous forum post says that Moving Time is Time(un-paused) minus the stationary time.

In Garmin COnnect I also see the speed graph slowly tailing off during the periods that recording is paused,
    which suggests that the graph is actually showing some type of average speed.

Come on Garmin! Whats gone wrong?
  • Working graphs + moving time coming soon!*

*Only for compatible devices. Compatible devices are the forerunner 640 and edge 540.