This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Moving Time Wrong Suddenly

The last 2 rides I have done (Yesterday & Today 4th July 2016) seem to be displaying differently in Garmin Connect and I don't know why.

For years now the Elapsed time is as it suggests and moving time just the time you were actually going along. So stopped at traffic lights or the café then moving time stops. The last two rides the moving time is the same as elapsed time and Time showing time in the saddle.

I know the auto pause is still working as it shows me every time I stop and start and my average speed is calculated properly.

I have Strava Connected so uploads to Strava are automatic and they appear correct on there.

Anyone else seeing this?
  • yep i have same issue. it calculated times fine until a few days ago.

garmin you do my head in! you need to do decent testing before you do a release!
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 7 years ago
    We appreciate the discussion on this topic. This issue has been escalated to the Garmin Connect team for further investigation, so that it can be resolved.
  • Thanks Joseph,
    Is there a reason I still haven't had a reply from when I reported the issue on the 3rd of July?
  • Average Speed

The average speed and moving speed are displayed in the wrong place on the opening screen. If you check activities the figures are correct. Come on Garmin it's not rocket science to get this sorted.
  • problem with, cadence, heart rate and speed.

checking the graph section I see speed, cadence, heatrate and temp all effected at the same moments. I have uploaded to a different program and these errors do not occur. Also, data seems right on garmin 810 but data on connect after upload is changed. The sliding sections seen on the graph, as other reported is in every graph.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 7 years ago
    @scottmeup,

I am sorry that you have not received a response. I am not able to see how emails are in queue for each of the product support contact centers. I know that the teams strive to respond to all users in a timely manner. I do apologize for any inconvenience.
  • Time / moving time / elapsed time definiton

can somebody give the right defintions for time / moving time and elapsed time ?

From what I understand,

- elapsed time = time between the beginning and the end of the recording of an activity

- moving time = elapsed time minus stopped time

- time ?
  • I initially thought there was a problem with my new magnet-less speed cadence sensor. I have learnt it is a problem with Garmin Connect.

The problem is apparent when you compare the charts from the web page of an activity and tat displayed on an Android tablet. I went for a ride and paused for about 8 minutes during the ride.

This was first reported on the Garmin Sensor forum.
  • Uploaded another activity to Garmin Connect today. The problem has not been corrected. All the graphs are using "elapsed time", i.e. they include time while the watch was manually paused. Will there be an announcement when this is fixed? Maybe I should wait to upload any new activities until after Connect is working again.
  • i hope that they can fix the already uploaded activities because this issue ruins them big time...