Garmin Connect Mobile Ideas and Suggestions

Have an idea that would improve the Garmin Connect Mobile application? We would love to hear from you! Please use the Garmin Connect Mobile Ideas and Suggestions thread to submit your ideas, suggestions, and recommendations related to the Garmin Connect Mobile app. Thank you very much!

• I would like to see completion alerts for Active Minutes/Day and Calories/Day rather than just Steps/day and Intensity Minutes/week.  Yes I know this is more in line with what the Fruit company does.  But intuitively it just makes more sense.  Cycling and other activities can get your HR up but not have many or even any steps.  I love the challenge of completing "rings" and having streaks but I feel like the steps concept has run its course and we need something fresh.

• It would be great to have the same options in course creation on the app as the website. On the website you get the option to create a custom course, following popularity, roads or freehand, which is great as not all pathways are shown on maps etc. But on the app it only seems to follow popularity, so a lot of the time you can’t create the route you want, to then transfer to your device.

• It would be good to be able to configure the Data Screens of my watch apps from the iOS app.

• Hi! My suggestions:

After a run: Don't send "success" message if new VO2max or LS is actually lower. It's dissapointing.

Segments: Show actual time AND fastest time, ideally a graph with all my times for this seg.

Statistics:

"Airtime" or "soar quotient": Time between leaving ground left --> ground contact start time right / GCT. 

As in L/R GCT balance, also show L/R balance for step length and step height.

Apart from that, you're doing a fantastic job with this watches and sensors for runners!

Thanks very much in advance!

Chris

• Really like the update for entering distance from the scroll wheel to "keyboard" entry. Could you also please do the same for entering cadences, calories, etc., because scrolling those is a pain, too?

• Really like the change from a scroll wheel to a keypad for entering distances. Could you please do the same for entering cadences, calories, etc., as those can be a pain to enter by scrolling?

• Really like the update for entering distance from the scroll wheel to "keyboard" entry. Could you also please do the same for entering cadences, calories, etc., because scrolling those is a pain, too?

• Start with a proper changelog, get rid of BlaBla in there. 

If bugs are fixed, list it. If new features are added, don’t hide it, announce it. If you’ve mastered this skills, then start thinking about new features. I assume it will take you another six years. 

• Don't remove GPX import from other apps.

If it's a temporary bug let us know 

• - Data synchronization works every 10th try (not working)!

- Sometimes are steps visible on day overview, but without activity. After new start / open App this data are deleted (steps) and you see last day!

- App don’t work without internet connection (local storage are not implemented?)

- Updates in Calendar are not see immediately (you need change month to other and go back for example)

- In Calendar are only some colored bars, no text, name, without quick preview

- Planed training and itself run are visible as 2 bars, no one - confused fulfilled workout vs unfulfilled (you must compare some colored bars in whole day)

- You can not delete selected lap point

- You can not read data from graphs by selecting position on map (cursor)

- You can not edit activity’s data views in App (editing all sports widgets in watches are horrible)