Garmin Connect Mobile Ideas and Suggestions

Have an idea that would improve the Garmin Connect Mobile application? We would love to hear from you! Please use the Garmin Connect Mobile Ideas and Suggestions thread to submit your ideas, suggestions, and recommendations related to the Garmin Connect Mobile app. Thank you very much!

• -add the weekly report:

Including: ascending, descending, distance, hour. For all running activities (including trail running)

- add  “Aerobic threshold“  assessment value

It’s quite important index for all kind endurance sports than Vo2max

www.uphillathlete.com/.../

• Add a means to sort/filter workouts (currently only listed by creation date). 
    Unbury the route renaming control and bring it to the hamburger menu when looking at a route. 

• I wonder why the Connect App doesn’t understand my Inteval-training, even though it’s stated quite clearly in my Fenix3-watch (for example 4minutes work 1min rest). 

I still need to change half the segments from “run” to “rest” in the app, and even then the app doesn’t change the average pace to exclude the time of rest  

This makes it unnecessary difficult to interpret the training. 

• Grade Adjusted Pace: I do a lot of trail and mountain running, and would love to know in real-time and in Garmin connect how fast I was going in a %incline compared to a flat. It helps a lot to know Am I pushing too hard, or could I push a little harder.

• It seems that activities that are not logged through a Garmin device don’t count towards the « training effect ». For exemple I did a workout session on a concept2 rowing machine with heart monitoring. The session is synchronized appropriately to my Garmin connect account but it’s not taken into account by the « training effect ». It seems I need to use the indoor rowing « activity » of the Garmin watch but then my recorded session on the concept2 monitor won’t have the heart rate information included in the logbook. That is because the chest strap based heart rate monitor can’t be connected to both the Garmin watch AND the concept2 monitor at the same time. Would be great if activities synchronized from external devices could be accounted for in the training effect score.

• It would be great if you could improve the “view segments” portion of an activity. after completing an activity and uploading to the Garmin Connect apP, then selecting the view segments option, you can only see the leaderboard and best time. I would like to be able to compare my own (current and previous ) times for that same segment and not just be able to see my best time. Currently it shows “segment leaders” then “view full leaderboard “ option and lastly “my best time”

The problem with this is that I don’t know if my best time was the one I just completed or if it was a previous time. Giving the option to see all of your times (current and previous) would allow you to compare your own segment times. 

Thanks

• :: Improve Apple Health integration:

Read body weight and other body parameters as percentages of fat, muscle, bone, water.

:: More accurate goal display in Challenges:

Show one or two decimal places for “km” goals or round up in general for batches that were calculated bases on miles: a running batch 40 miles/64 km ended yesterday and reach now shows “64.1 km/64 km”. Still I did not receive it - I guess because the goal was 64.374 km. 

:: Heatmap-like route on map:

Show tracked route on map in different colors (for example green to red- like a “heatmap”), maybe customizable for the different parameters that were tracked (speed, altitude, heartbeat)

• I have to many to list right now have only had my Garmin Instinct for 2 months and have been disappointed with  every aspect of the Garmin product and the mobile app.  Fix #1 every major company does system maintenance during non-peak hours.  Why is the system always in maintenance  in the morning hourS when most people are using it.  This needs to be fixed.  Poor management of system’s 

• Fix #1 every major company does system maintenance during non-peak hours.  Why is the system always in maintenance  in the morning hourS when most people are using it.  This needs to be fixed.  Poor management of system’s 

Currently it's the hosting service - https://www.cloudflarestatus.com/

See this thread: forums.garmin.com/.../