This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Wrong record of indoor rowing

Dear Garmin support,

i was doing indoor rowing but the instinct solar surf record it without strokes.

please fix it ASAP.

Rick

• i was doing indoor rowing but the instinct solar surf record it without strokes

I see the number of strokes on the detailed screen - 1134 total strokes.

On the list of rowing activities, all but the last two sessions are "Indoor Rowing" with a symbol of the indoor rowing machine. The last two are called "Row indoor", and look as if you used the standard rowing activity instead (different symbol, different name)

• I have the same on Fenix 6x pro. I choose rowing machine activities on my Watch but after synchronization to garmin connect it is visible as outdoor rowing. Watch still says that is indoor rowing with number of strokes. I restarted Watch and mobile app still the same. Workaround for this is to change manually activity type from rowing to rowing machine. I think that latest SW version corrupt something 

pch

• Hi,

I just did another indoor rowing now and I choose “indoor row”, the watch can show numbers of stroke but the app still saying “rowing outdoor”. I believe some bugs in the app. 

To Garmin Technical Team, please fix this ASAP.

Thanks

Rick

• To Garmin Technical Team, please fix this ASAP.

You need to report it to the Support. This is just a user forum, and Garmin staff intervenes here only rarely. In the meantime you can change the type of the activity in Garmin Connect.

• Hello all,

We have other reports of this and are actively investigating.  When we know more or have any updates to share, I'll be posting to this thread.  Thank you in advance for your patience with us while we conduct this investigation.

• Hi, 

I have a Garmin Fenix 6 and since it did an update about 2-3 days ago, I now have the exact same issue.  I select "Row Indoor" on the watch, but when it syncs to the Garmin Connect app (on iOS) it shows as a "Row" activity type and NOT as an "Indoor Row" activity type.  It has a different icon.

Also, it automatically selects TWO items of gear which is odd and is not something I changed.

Now, I have to go in each time and change the activity type manually.

PLEASE FIX GARMIN!

• I've had the exact same experience.  

• Dear Kevin (Garmin),

May I know any feedback about this issue? 

Thanks

Rick

• This disruption has been resolved with an update to Garmin Connect.  If you continue to experience this, please start a new thread.