This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Apple Health Activity Ring does not fill after workout is completed on a Garmin device (Request for improvement on how Garmin Connect writes data to Apple HealthKit SDK)

Hello, I use my Garmin Fenix 6 for all my workouts and my Apple Watch 7 for daily use. When completed a workout, Garmin Connect synchronizes with Apple Health. Apple Health sees the workout data but does not fill the activity ring. Could anyone provide a solution to this? I see its a common problem among Garmin - Apple users. Garmin, please take care of this!! Thank you!

• Does the strava workaround work well do you ? Do you get average heart rate ? I tried but that is blank 

• 1st off, I changed my name to Garmin-Simon, but I don’t work for Garmin. This is to show that the dude called Garmin-Kevin might not be any more knowledgeable than any of us here. To answer your question , yes, Strava workaround is working fine for me. I do see average HR: 

What is interesting to note is that the average pace is based on total elapsed time, my average pace was actually 4:55 and I took a break when I picked up my daughter at daycare halfway through that run, so I wouldn’t rely on that data for training analysis. For me it’s more to close my rings, while wearing a real sports watch when running. I hope this helps.

• I wonder if Garmin Kev even works for Garmin ? I think such a big company as Garmin would get this sorted out. Especially since IOS is one of the most used mobile operating systems

• I just wanted to note here that I went for a run yesterday afternoon with my Forerunner 235 and at the end, when I synced the watch to Garmin Connect on my iPhone, I did get the proper Active Calories credit synced to Apple Health. It could be mere coincidence, but it could also be that someone figured out the bug and quietly fixed it. Here's hoping it is fixed and works boring consistency from here on out!

• This is great news if it works, can you confirm what your set up is ? Do you use a heart rate strap, are all your health options turned on in apple health app ? Also did you choose the run workout ?

Thanks, just trying to set up for my workout later and hopefully it works.

• , can you post a picture of that workout screen found here:  Health App - Workouts - Show all Data - (your workout) - Total Active Energy - (the sample it recorded) - THIS SCREEN.  It should say "Sample Details" at the top.  If it says "Active Energy" at the top you need to go one more screen deep.  I suspect that screen is either blank, or doesn't have a start and end value.  If it does I'd really like to know more details since I just tested it and it is still broken with the latest version of Garmin Connect Mobile. 

• So i just tested as well, and i still don't see it working .... Everything else works except the active energy.... How hard can it be for a big company like Garmin to just add the end time in that data field... Should match how they do the workout data.

• It seems Strava has reversed the update: https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2022/03/strava-abruptly-ends-3rd-party-data-push-to-apple-health.html

I did a workout today and set Strava to write in Health app again and it worked! 

• Not sure if  is still following this post, but if so I’d love to be included on the back-end troubleshooting that he offered earlier. Here are my responses to his questions:

1. Yes you have my permission to access my Garmin account and add it to the trouble ticket. 

2. Here is a screenshot from a recent hike recorded on a ForeRunner 745. The activity came over into Apple Health but the activity did not contribute to closing any rings:

3. Here is a screenshot from the Apple Health Active Energy data access screen:

4. Yes you have my permission to email me