This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Apple Health Activity Ring does not fill after workout is completed on a Garmin device (Request for improvement on how Garmin Connect writes data to Apple HealthKit SDK)

Hello, I use my Garmin Fenix 6 for all my workouts and my Apple Watch 7 for daily use. When completed a workout, Garmin Connect synchronizes with Apple Health. Apple Health sees the workout data but does not fill the activity ring. Could anyone provide a solution to this? I see its a common problem among Garmin - Apple users. Garmin, please take care of this!! Thank you!

• How did you get the one ring correct? My calories are doubled. 

• 1. you have permission

4. You have permission

• That one always worked for some reason. I have since stop using it until they fix all 3 .. I’ve been using rungap temporary..

• I really hope we get an update from Garmin on this. It is now 2023 and every other app links well with apple health kit . I’m beyond baffled why a big company like Garmin cant fix this .. Garmin reach out to Strava or rungap for help 
  • I agree. Seem pretty stupid. I like my garmin watch and it would be a shame to have to switch back to Apple Watch (which also sucks for its own reasons). My calories are about doubled in apple. I’ve turned off phone tracking, put garmin as top contributor to steps, workouts ect. But idk. It’s frustrating. Garmin isn’t listed under activity though in settings. So maybe that’s my problem. 

• Hello all,

I still do not currently have any new information on this report just yet except to say that we hope to be addressing this soon.  At this time, I do not have a timeline or a specific date for the release of this future software update. Thank you again for your patience with us while we work to investigate this issue.

• There is nothing you can do. No point in trying. Garmin totally hosed their implementation of the apple health api. It is obvious they had no idea of what they were doing. Just look at their respective data in the health app and youll see it isnt writing incremental data and/or is writing at the end of dat and in many cases writing twice. Their implementation is really quite inept. And there is no way to “favor” one data source over another. It is on or off. And if the data is properly formatted (which garmin’s is not) apple health is smart enough to filter out dups. The fault is solely with garmin and their inept developers

• Thanks for following up .    Your work is appreciated.  After having gone through nine Garmin devices it's time to move on.   Garmin still makes the best workout focused watches on the market, but their inability to play nice with others has gotten to be more important to me than that.  Obviously others may decide differently, and thats great for them.   I've gone all in on an Ultra rather than going with two devices (one being a Garmin) and so far there is very little I miss (granted I'm using third party to fill some gaps, but I strongly suspect Apple will up their game here in the next year).   I'll probably still have my Fenix 6 in a drawer for now and will need to use my Edge 530 on the bike, but I think it will be a while before I send any more money to Olathe.  

• Great news, this will make thousands of customers happy.

On a side note, will you post to this thread once a fix is released ?

• Just received this from Garmin! 

Hello,

We're following up on the report we received that your calories and activities from Garmin Connect weren't populating your Move ring in your Apple Health app. We're pleased to announce the release of version 4.62 of our Connect app, which resolves this issue. If you haven't already, please update to this version using your Apple App Store app. After doing so, your future data from Garmin Connect will populate the Move ring.”