This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Apple Health Activity Ring does not fill after workout is completed on a Garmin device (Request for improvement on how Garmin Connect writes data to Apple HealthKit SDK)

Hello, I use my Garmin Fenix 6 for all my workouts and my Apple Watch 7 for daily use. When completed a workout, Garmin Connect synchronizes with Apple Health. Apple Health sees the workout data but does not fill the activity ring. Could anyone provide a solution to this? I see its a common problem among Garmin - Apple users. Garmin, please take care of this!! Thank you!

1. What Apple device do you own and what is the current sw? (We realize this is not relevant to the functionality.) iPhone 14 Pro Max (16.2) and Apple Watch Ultra (watchOS 9.2)
    2. What Garmin device do you use as your current (Preferred) activity tracker? Epix 2
    3. May we have permission to access your Garmin Connect account? Yes
    4. May we have permission to email you? Yes
    5. In what country do you live? UK
    1. What Apple device do you own and what is the current sw? (We realize this is not relevant to the functionality.) iPhone 12 iOS16.1
    2. What Garmin device do you use as your current (Preferred) activity tracker? Fenix 7, Edge 1040 Solar as a backup
    5. In what country do you live? USA
  • Josh, do you have any way of pointing people who have signed your petition (but have not seen or commented on this post) to this thread so that we can get them added to the internal (Garmin) request?

• Brief update:

I have noticed that if I wear the Garmin all day exclusively, despite Garmin Connect, Strava, etc. writing to Apple Health and the activities showing in the Workouts list, no ring metrics are changed. 

HOWEVER,

If I switch from the Garmin post workout to the Apple watch and just wear it casually during the day, Apple counts the workouts tracked on the Garmin towards the ring metrics. 

• Sounds promising. I think you have to put your apple watch on at least for a few seconds for the rings to update. So, if you did a workout with your Garmin watch and then later put on the apple watch for a little bit than it should update if they corrected it... For me, my workout info was there but it never updated my rings even after putting my Apple watch on for a little. 

• After years of being frustrated by the move ring not being updated on the Apple Watch and Garmin clearly not pushing the right data, I finally found this conversation thread and can hopefully help drive change at Garmin. I wear my new Ultra all day so that I can close all my rings, and I have to wear both watches when I run or do something else that's not on my bike (where my Edge or Wahoo Kikr don't require my Fenix). Closing  all three rings is a great daily motivator, all arguments aside.  I would actually buy the one of the new Garmin MARQ 2 watches and wear it or any of my Garmin watches all day long if I could use them to close all three of the Apple rings. I still love Garmin Connect and everything about it, but it seems silly to have to choose one ecosystem over another. The ability to completely integrate is there and if they solved this issue, I think Garmin would actually sell more watches to those of us who are between these two ecosystems.

So here are my answers to those questions to put my commitment forward to help solving this:

1. What Apple device do you own and what is the current sw? iPhone 14 iOS16, Apple Watch Ultra
    2. What Garmin device do you use as your current (Preferred) activity tracker? Fenix 5x, Edge 1000
    5. In what country do you live? USA
  • Agree 100% ... Hoping we get that fix soon

• agreed. I love Garmin stuff as well but forcing people to pick, I think Apple will end up the winner. 

• wear it or any of my Garmin watches all day long if I could use them to close all three of the Apple rings

I dont think you will be able to close the standing ring with a Garmin though I am sure Garmin can figure this out also if they really wanted. Honestly, if I was able to get accurate data, with proper time stamps, on the HealthApp I can deal with the rest. Sometimes I feel like a fool wearing my Ultra on my left wrist and my fenix 7x on my right. Then I remember that I dont care what people think Joy

• Don’t feel like that because I wear the ultra, epic 2 soon to be Marq 2 , Oura ring and whoop Rofl

I love them all and love the metrics … just want Garmin workouts to update my activity and workout rings in Apple health lol