This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Apple Health Activity Ring does not fill after workout is completed on a Garmin device (Request for improvement on how Garmin Connect writes data to Apple HealthKit SDK)

Hello, I use my Garmin Fenix 6 for all my workouts and my Apple Watch 7 for daily use. When completed a workout, Garmin Connect synchronizes with Apple Health. Apple Health sees the workout data but does not fill the activity ring. Could anyone provide a solution to this? I see its a common problem among Garmin - Apple users. Garmin, please take care of this!! Thank you!

• Let me first say "THANK YOU".  Regardless of if any of the issues get fixed, this is the first response in any of these threads that makes me feel like we are actually being heard about the correct issue.  That alone is a good thing.  So thank you for your clarification and your willingness to try and see what you can do.  I totally understand 'no promises', but at least this sounds like we might get the problem in front of the right people.   I would like to ask that you don't scope it as 'the rings don't fill' even though thats the subject of this thread.    Until recently the rings couldn't fill unless you owned an Apple Watch, so there are aspects of the rings outside of Garmin's control.  Hopefully all the folks here get that.  The part that we would really like to see fixed is the way that Garmin writes the data into HealthKit.  If that followed the specification properly, and the rings still didn't fill.... Then it would be on apple and we can go yell at them for a while. :) 

1. iPhone Mini 13 running 16.1 (and I love that you know this isn't relevant)

2. Fenix 6 Sapphire

3. Yes

4. Yes.  Happy to get email on this.

5. USA

• Thank you

1. iPhone 14 pro max running 16.1

2. Epix 2 Sapphire for workouts , Apple watch for daily wear

3. Yes

4. Yes. .

5. USA

• I echo what WizardlyHat says, it's wonderful to see that we're all understanding the root issue here. Thank you for your continued interest in this thread.

1. iPhone Xr with iOS Version 16.0 (20A362)

2. Garmin Descent G1 Solar

3. Yes, you have permission to access my Garmin Connect account.

4. Yes, you have permission to email me.

5. United States of America

• Absolutely..  i did up a think for someone at garmin showing various issues with the apple health integration ( such as the missing cycling entry, double walk/run distances, etc) that Id be happy to share. They are screen shots of the garmin data as loaded into apple health with my assessment as to why it is a problem.

I have an iphone 14 pro, forerunner 745, edge 1040, yes you may access, yes you mai, email, and the US.

• What Apple device do you own and what is the current sw? (We realize this is not relevant to the functionality.)
    • What Garmin device do you use as your current (Preferred) activity tracker?
    • May we have permission to access your Garmin Connect account?
    • May we have permission to email you?
    • In what country do you live?

1. iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16.0.3
    2. fenix 6 Pro
    3. Yes.
    4. Yes.
    5. Canada

I also had a case opened on that topic: << Ref: 22668662K1 >> <Q#:1002452>

• 1.iPhone 12 pro

2. Vivosmart 4, Venue 2, Fenix 6 Saphire 

3. yes

4. Yes

5. Yes

• I don't have a contact to DC Rainmaker, so if someone else can send to him, that would be great. And thank everyone who is pushing for it! 

• I hope this means that Garmin is working on this fix... This will be truly awesome if we get this working correclty.

• I also hope that Garmin notices the trend in the folks who care about this.   Almost all high end watches, often multiple Garmin device owners, and it looks like a lot of last generation devices, which means likely to be looking at an upgrade in the next 1-2 years.   (in other words, folks willing to spend money and likely to do so again).   That sounds like a profitable group, and one it would be bad to lose.   Josh, rather than supporting a petition that Garmin might very well never see, it might be more productive to encourage more folks to voice their info to Garmin-Kevin in this thread.  

• Tagging all contributors who have previously posted on this thread to try to bring attention to my last comment on Page 19 of this thread.  Please respond to that post to be added to this new effort.