This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Apple Health Activity Ring does not fill after workout is completed on a Garmin device (Request for improvement on how Garmin Connect writes data to Apple HealthKit SDK)

Hello, I use my Garmin Fenix 6 for all my workouts and my Apple Watch 7 for daily use. When completed a workout, Garmin Connect synchronizes with Apple Health. Apple Health sees the workout data but does not fill the activity ring. Could anyone provide a solution to this? I see its a common problem among Garmin - Apple users. Garmin, please take care of this!! Thank you!

• It’s pretty obvious these tossers arn’t ever going to provide a solution. 
    so what’s the cheapest workaround?

• you can use RunGap. It works. I have Run gap pull from Garmin and Write to Apple Health. You need to edit your data sources in Apple Health to put Run gap at the top for Activity, etc. There is a minimal cost for rungap, but if you want it to work, this is the way.

• So Ive been using RunGap as a temporary fix but come on now Garmin, FIX THIS ALREADY !!! Its over a year now, and it worked once before so what ever you did please fix it.

• I don't think they will fix it. I opened a case with Garmin, and I received the following answer after I followed up:

"Sorry for the lack of updates, I checked with our engineers and this is something we're not going to be able to resolve on our side. Our responsibility is to make sure that the data looks correct in Garmin Connect, from there, it's the third party's (Apple) responsibility to how they take the data we send out and show it. The engineers wanted me to refer you to this article listed below.

Data From My Activity Does Not Match Between Garmin and a Third-Party Site

They are aware of the issue, and on purposely not fixing it. I'm not sure what it would take to get them to change position on this. A petition? Boycott? Pressure from influencers ()? 

• I reached out to Ray(drainmaker) as well about this and I’m hoping he can help us .

I can’t imagine this can be such a difficult fix. if one of rings are being updated just follow how the code is for that one .

many folks use both an Apple Watch and Garmin looking for this fix 

Also I opens another ticket today . I want this fix and I’ll keep on opening tickets and posting Slight smile

• I also mention this on DCR site, I think pressure is needed but not sure first two options will work unless we make an online petition and advertise it heavily. if DCR would do it - I am sure there will be tens of thousands of votes!

• Good point … I might send a follow up to Ray to see if he has any update etc . 

• That article is useless. They get into specific details of unique data points when I just want my bike activities  to appear proper like

• , thats a really interesting response.  It makes me wonder exactly where the communication breakdown is.  There are a number of threads on this forum, tickets that have been opened, suggestions made, etc. that show EXACTLY how Garmin is failing to correctly record the data to Apple HealthKit.   But here they clearly say they think, they are doing it right and it's Apple's fault.  So either 1. The rep lied about talking to the engineers.   2. The engineers lied about whose fault it is.  3. The engineers have no idea how HealthKit works and none of the attempts we have made here (and elsewhere) to get them to see the issue have gotten through.    It REALLY makes me wish I could have 15 minutes with somebody who actually works on this code to at LEAST have them understand the issue even if they still aren't going to fix it.  Because we all know that they 100% could fix it (and all the other HealthKit issues) anytime they wanted to.  Garmin, I've reach out several times in several ways.. still more than happy to be part of the solution here!

• I agree totally, but i think the reps here never even reached out to engineers. The fix is a very simple one, and i believe it to be just by adding a end date and time for your activity. I can be wrong but I'm sure it is still part of the issue... We should just keep on complaining about it here and keep on opening tickets. Sooner or later Garmin will act.