This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Apple Health Activity Ring does not fill after workout is completed on a Garmin device (Request for improvement on how Garmin Connect writes data to Apple HealthKit SDK)

Hello, I use my Garmin Fenix 6 for all my workouts and my Apple Watch 7 for daily use. When completed a workout, Garmin Connect synchronizes with Apple Health. Apple Health sees the workout data but does not fill the activity ring. Could anyone provide a solution to this? I see its a common problem among Garmin - Apple users. Garmin, please take care of this!! Thank you!

• I have used iOS 16 beta since day 1 and.. it has never worked for me. I really regret about getting a Garmin, not because of the rings issue itself but for the poor support they offer (they haven't fixed this for years)

• I agree , I actually got the epix 2 for the workout stats but use my Apple Watch daily hoping to ise apple health as a repository for the data …. But I am anxious to see what Watch 8 brings though , I’ll probably be dumping more money on that ..lol

• Yah  and @garmin support are really far below the cable industry. Pretty worthless. Hear it from everyone. 

• I really want to sync my other apple health stuff from my third party scales too...... Garmin admits they have issues with the S2 scale but doesnt allow syncing with apple health from the other third party scales. 

• Divindude, I disagree.  I've always been very happy with Garmin support.   I've owned a bunch of Garmin devices and they have bent over backward to assist with any hardware issues. (better than most companies in fact).   I think their lock-in strategy around not fully implementing HealthKit is a bad one, and really don't like their marketing features that don't work as any normal person would expect, but other than that, I've been really happy with them (or else I'd just go elsewhere).   Always remember that these forums aren't Garmin support.... 

• I have a support case open with Garmin for Garmin Connect (the culprit not writing data correctly to Apple Health), and I provided the relevant info for them to investigate, but if you want to jump in an add your screen shots and show them what is not working (active calories from the workout not making it into Apple Health), despite the workout showing up correctly in Apple Health, you can email [email protected] and put << Ref: 22668662K1 >> in the subject line. 

Feel free to also open your own case if you prefer, but feel free to reference mine with the Ref. # above so they can link them together. 

As for their support in general, I agree with WizardlyHat, I had no problems with RMAs of defective products, and they are sometimes willing to help even when outside the warranty period. 

Cheers!

• Too me, it is obvious that Garmin won´t fix this. With their own watches, they sell the no. 1 competitive product to the Apple Watches, and if you are annoyed enough, you sell your AW and buy any Garmin Watch instead. Simple as that.

• Problem is that the closed garmin health system is grossly inferior to the capabilities and quality of Apple Health. Also the problem is that Garmin’s watches are full of features that dont work real well. I wish they’d focus on fewer features that work perfectly. For example, the new workout features (rep counting, auto set, exercise id are all garbage). Then there is the hr calc that resets my max hard rate to 220 without my knowledge.

• Being a developer and a customer this looks pathetic. We all know this is a management decision.

Chinese wearables have great integration with both Android and Apple Health. All devices writes all info they have. Smart scales puts all body data in, watches all health metrics. Apple Health is non-discriminant of where the data comes from. By looking at this Garmin Management is either malicious or plain wrong in their business strategy.

By going from AW to Fenix7 I have lost lots of convenient integrations. Before I had weight from Mi scale, Blood pressure from Withings, sleep and HRV data from AW.

I could go to a doctor and send them PDF report with my health data from Health Reports app. It had everything - Sleep, BP, HR averages, HRV, weight and the rest. Now the reports are half empty.

Garmin Management should choose. Either fight with Google, Apple, Stryd and other Health gadget vendors and lose or embrace interoperability and fix this easily.