This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Connect does NOT transfer cycle data to Apple Health

Garmin Connect does not support transferring cycle data to Apple Health, it does support, steps, walking, running and 10 other categories. I am told only 9 other people have requested this which seems very odd. Creating this post to get attention to this and hopefully fixed asap. 

• I am also seeking the option to transfer cycling data from connect app to apple health and just spoke to Garmin support.

1. in Garmin terminology we should not request to transfer "track" data (in German "Strecke") to Apple Health, but DISTANCE (DE: Distanz) instead! Maybe that differentiation makes such requests easier since from a data protection point of view it is significantly less data!

In my case I only need the DISTANCE information passed on to Apple Health, nothing else.

2. Support told me that if enough (don't know how much that exactly is) people request this function (remember: Distance, not Track or Strecke) the more likely product management is willing to ask their developers team to do this. So everybody, get in touch with support and ask for this function.

Thanks and cheers,

Karsten

• Is this now fixed?

There was an app update to Garmin Connect 2 days ago, today I was asked to allow Garmin Connect to share my cycle distance with Health. I enabled this and now I see my Garmin Cycles in the Apple Fitness app.

if I hadn’t been waiting for years for this to be fixed I would believe it. Anyone else seeing the same?

• Yes, it seems fixed. I had the update, too. And afterwards was being asked for permission to share cycle distance ("Strecke Fahrrad"). Now this data is available in Health :)

Works like a charm :)

• Hi, just found out that the Cycling distances are transfered from my 2 devices (Instinct Solar SW 18.54 , Explore 2 SW 8.06) to iOS 16.3.1 and Garmin Connect 4.63.1.2. A few days ago I got a pop-up on the iPhone to share Garmin data (Cycling distance) with Health - which I activated. In the Health app settings / Sources / Connect / Cycling Distance is visible