This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Coach Greg - too frequent runs

I'm doing the 5k plan with Greg. Time goal with a race date. 

There are 4 runs a week, every week. Which is 8 runs in 14 days, meaning there are no recovery days between runs 

I cannot seem to alter the number of days / week of running, and it's a pain in the *** to have to reschedule runs to fit a "normal" recovery schedule 

To make matters more comical , my connect app just posted an article on the importance of rest between runs. 

Is there something obvious i can do to either have the app understand that 8 runs in 14 doesn't allow a rest day, or change the frequency of Greg's runs. (Software that sets a run wveryb2 days is the obvious solution, but if it could then it would already, surely.) 

• When you first set up a plan in Garmin Coach, you are usually given a choice of how many run sessions you want per week. As I remember it, the choice options depends a bit on which coach you have chosen. Which choice options were you given with Greg?

Anyway, 4 runs per week is a quite low number. It gives you 3 rest days per week. You say that the plan doesn't give you any rest days.

You also talk about recovery days. But usually in running, "recovery" means an easy run, not rest.

• Hi. Thanks for your reply. 

Yup, when I set up the programme there was only the choice with Greg to have 4 days a week. 

I could have worded by question a bit better, sorry: 4 days a week ensures that two-runs will be on consecutive days. 

Regardless of the intensity of the work out I struggled to manage those consective days; hence the question

Seems there's no option other than me to man up and quite crying. I really enjoy the variety of Greg's workouts so don't really wanna ditch him

• Hi there!

I am having this issue. I started the 5k plan with Jeff because he was the only one who offered only 3 days a week but I’m not a fan of the walk/run method. I just went in to change it and the others start at 4. I can barely make 3 work as I teach fitness classes full time and my body can’t handle more than every other day. I trained for my last marathon on only 3 days and crushed my previous time so I know it’s possible.

Did you find anyway to adjust this? It would be a nice option for Garmin to have. First time trying these and already frustrated.