This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Spotify CIQ App not working correctly

We are investigating reports that the Spotify CIQ App not working correctly and we are wanting your feedback. Please provide some details about what is occurring when you try to use or setup the Spotify Connect IQ App. Below are just a few questions we would like answered.

• What kind of phone are you using?
  • What Garmin Device do you have?
  • When was the last time Spotify worked correctly?
  • Does the problem only happen with a specific Audio File?
  • Are you using Public WiFi? (Using a Wi-Fi Device on a Captive Portal)
  • iPhone X

Forerunner 645 music

New device , so it’s never worked

All playlist syncs

Private, password protected wifi

• iPhone 5

Vivoactive 4

Spotify has never worked on my Garmin. I can see playlists (sometimes see photos but not always) but it says there is no Wifi when going to download a playlist despite having checked the network and the watching saying its connected.

All playlists from Spotify "Searching for Wi-Fi Network" --> "No Internet Connection"

Wifi is private at 2.4 g

• I am still struggling with this. However, I found that in my case, it is a wi-fi error, not a Spotify one. What I did, and worked, meaning I was able to download a playlist into my device, was:

- Turn my cellphone hotspot on, so that it could share internet.

- Added the cellphones network in my device (watch).

- Tried again to download a playlist, and worked.

It is not a solution to the wi-fi problem, that is still to be fixed (error code 0300). But at least I can hear music while it is dealt with. 

Hope this is useful to you.

• Just solved it! This was the issue:

Requirements for WIFI:

• 2.4 GHz band
    • 802.11 B or G (AC are not supported, nor is 802.1x)
    • WEP / WPA / WPA2 security (WPA-Enterprise is not supported)
    • Channels 1-11 for North American devices, channels 1-13 for International devices
    • The SSID must be visible and not hidden

My wifi was on 802.11 mixed B/G/N. Changed it to 802.11 mixed B/G. Forgot the network on the device, set it up again, and worked.

• Thanks so much! I know I'm using 2.4 GHz but I'll look into the other details of my WiFi.

• What kind of phone are you using? iPhone 8
    • What Garmin Device do you have? Vivoactive 4
    • When was the last time Spotify worked correctly?On the Garmin device. Long ago. 
    • Does the problem only happen with a specific Audio File? No
    • Are you using Public WiFi? (Using a Wi-Fi Device on a Captive Portal) No

Constantly wants me to log in to Spotify on CIQ. Don’t see how?

• Iphone 6

Garmin Vivoactive 4, brand new

Spotify has never worked. playlists can't sync, no matter how big or small(1 or 10 songs)

No, mulitple audio files. 

No, my own password proteced wifi

• Iphone 6

Garmin Vivoactive 4, brand new

Spotify has never worked. playlists can't sync, no matter how big or small(1 or 10 songs)

No, mulitple audio files. 

No, my own password proteced wifi

• Requirements for WIFI:

• 2.4 GHz band
    • 802.11 B or G (AC are not supported, nor is 802.1x)
    • WEP / WPA / WPA2 security (WPA-Enterprise is not supported)
    • Channels 1-11 for North American devices, channels 1-13 for International devices
    • The SSID must be visible and not hidden

My wifi was on 802.11 mixed B/G/N. Changed it to 802.11 mixed B/G. Forgot the network on the device, set it up again, and worked.

This worked for me. Apparently it is not enough that the device confirms wifi connection through the app. For my case, it was necessary to change the wifi band as described above. Worked immediately.

I did not find anywhere the specs for the band, until I contacted support. I would suggest that you check that the wifi is in the 2.4ghz, the 802.11 B or G band, the security, channels and SSID.

• Iphone7

Fenix  5 plus ti

Was working ok yesterday - have been using it ok for last month or so since installing.

Tried to play music whilst out on run and cannot access any form of music, either stored or spotify. In short, cannot access ‘music’

Pretty sure that watch updated software yesterday and wondering whether this has downloaded a bug.