This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Spotify CIQ App not working correctly

We are investigating reports that the Spotify CIQ App not working correctly and we are wanting your feedback. Please provide some details about what is occurring when you try to use or setup the Spotify Connect IQ App. Below are just a few questions we would like answered.

• What kind of phone are you using?
  • What Garmin Device do you have?
  • When was the last time Spotify worked correctly?
  • Does the problem only happen with a specific Audio File?
  • Are you using Public WiFi? (Using a Wi-Fi Device on a Captive Portal)
    • Huawei p30 lite
    • Vivoactive 4
    • Never has
    • I can't download anything so wouldn't know
    • Used my own private home router and tried my phone's data via hotspot

It lets me try and download a songs but it's just doesn't move from 0% then drains all my battery.

• This is very frustrating that this has stopped working, it defeats half the reason I bought the watch which was to run with music but without a phone.

• What kind of phone are you using? iPhone XS
    • What Garmin Device do you have? Forerunner 645 Music
    • When was the last time Spotify worked correctly? It works sometimes, but I usually have to hard turn off the watch and restart. Today, however, it completely stopped working when I tried to update the playlist I have downloaded (30 songs, no other songs on watch) and now it won't get past 0%, have left it for 1-2 hours. I have tried everything, deleted everything and re-installed, turned things on and off, restarted the watch multiple times, tried other playlists to download, re-entered WiFi password manually on watch, used to internet to troubleshoot. Nothing has worked!
    • Does the problem only happen with a specific Audio File? No, Spotify in general.
    • Are you using Public WiFi? No, private WiFi with just me using it.
  • This is very frustrating that this has stopped working, it defeats half the reason I bought the watch which was to run with music but without a phone.

• When was the last time Spotify worked correctly? It works sometimes, but I usually have to hard turn off the watch and restart. Today, however, it completely stopped working when I tried to update the playlist I have downloaded (30 songs, no other songs on watch) and now it won't get past 0%, have left it for 1-2 hours. I have tried everything, deleted everything and re-installed, turned things on and off, restarted the watch multiple times, tried other playlists to download, re-entered WiFi password manually on watch, used to internet to troubleshoot. Nothing has worked!
    • Does the problem only happen with a specific Audio File? No, Spotify in general.

• IPhone 7 Plus

Last full sync was about 4 days ago   I think May 17 ??   And to get that sync I had to plug in the charger even through I didn’t need to charge

I get no sleep / stress/  etc

Yesterday it only saved my hydration

I’m beyond frustrated 

Get a fix 

• Darn   This is on wrong thread 

• IPhone 7

245 Music

Never

No

No

No

• Problem: Spotify doesn’t synch

Phone: Iphone 7

Fenix 5 Plus

Spotify has never worked correctly.

Private Wifi WSK2

Problem: Fenix connects to Wifi, Spotify connects to Wifi, Playlists and Songs a.s.o. appear, CD Cover Pictures appear, REst of Fenix works fine. BUT: When selecting a playlist on the watch, Synch process starts. After a couple of seconds ist says „Synch error“.

• Fenix 5 Plus. iPhone X. I'm not sure it's ever worked - certainly very rarely if at all. Even the initial set up and sync was painful but somehow managed to transfer some music onto my watch. It affects all files, afaik. I am using my home wifi.