This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Active Calories Wrong After Update to 15.0

Fenix 5 user experiencing issues with active calorie totals after updating to software version 15.0.  The active calories for my activities (running, cardio session, etc) is calculated correctly and shown accurately in the activity summary, but my overall active calories for the day aren’t including all the active calories from my activities. Anyone else experiencing this problem after the latest software update? 

Top Replies

All Replies

• Here is an example of how it works when it actually works. This is from a Fenix 5X+, but the Fenix 3 was similar, and I have no doubt that the Fenix 5 is supposed to work in the same way.

Calories screen before and after an activity:

There are 42 minutes between these two screens. During those 42 minutes, my calorie increased by:

• 289 total calories (2003-1714).
    • 227 active calories (497-270).
    • 62 resting calories (1506-1444).

The 289 calories increase in total calories in the above screenshots is equal to the 286 calories recorded in the activity plus a few additional calories which would have been counted by the watch after the end of the activity, before taking the second screenshot above.

• Yes happened a few days ago... frustrating! Have Forerunner 935. Hope they fix it soon.

• Same... is there a fix?? 

• Same problem for me with fenix 5S since December....

• Same problem since 17 december.

• Same issue with my Fenix 5X since one month. Calories counting is a mess.

Also, the NET calories between the "Day calories" and calories report (remaining calories) for the same day can be off by up to 1000 calories (while the number shall match)

Frustrating. I don't know which "calories remaining" on shall rely on. The one in the "Remaining calories report" (always better - more calories remaining) or a specific day net calories value (which can be seen in Connect dashboard and on the app)?

• I have updated my watch (Garmin 935) and the  active calories have now gone totally wrong. I did 1hr 40 mins in the gym, as i do 5 times a week, and burned 1,563kCal, yet my active calories are only 715!!!, instead of the normal 1,400kCal+ before the update. Clearly something is wrong with the latest software update! Hopefully Garmin will sort this issue out asap!!! Immensely annoying.

• I have updated my watch (Garmin 935)

Do you also see the wrong active calories in the watch? In that case, I think you may be better off describing your experience in the forum for your watch model.

If you are lucky, and a Garmin developer happens to see your post here in this forum, he is probably a Garmin Connect developer, and he will probably think "not my problem - this is a firmware error". If you are lucky, he may pass it on to a firmware developer. But that would require 2 x luck...

• Further to our chat yesterday, I have managed to find a fix to the issue.

If you go into the garmin connect app and select the watch icon Devices sync and status, and then select user settings.

If you then select Activity Class and change it from 0 to 8, and then sync your device again, this fixed the issue for me and the watch is now recognising active calories correctly again.

Hope this helps.