This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to Sync after update to IOS 13.1.3

I have a Garmin Edge Explore and after upgrading my iPhone to ios 13.1.3 the Garmin is not automatically uploading to Garmin Connect anymore. Also manual upload does not work properly.

I have set the settings of the iPhone to the suggested settings but nothing works.

Garmin Connect app shows a green bullet to indicate it is connected to Edge Explore, but trying to sync is resulting in a red triangle indicating an error.

I use an iPhone X with ios 13.1.3

The Garmin Explore is on software version 4.24.0.17

• Just to be clear, were you having issues with syncing the weather as well or just activities?  I seem to be able to sync activities but the weather isn't working.

• sadly my fix only sorted the activities. It does not sort out weather.

• The' Fix' has now stopped working for me.

I am now having trouble completing a sync - getting the red exclamation mark.  Back to trying to disconnect, reconnect etc.....

• Is this going to erase any activities in my watch that haven't sync'd with the app yet?

• Yes, but you can try to copy all thé files before to delete, and reinstall in folder later .

• Thanks Traveller. Followed these steps, and hey presto a test activity synced. However, weather now broken (was working before!) and weekly miles reset to zero.

Next thing I did was open the IQ Store app to update my Stryd settings which were coming up with an error. Back to the Connect app, and bang, the red exclamation mark and partially failed sync was back.

So I’m now wondering whether the IQ Store app is causing a conflict. Therefore, I deleted that app. Repeated Traveller’s steps (deleting FIT files). Back to Connect, removed device, and also “forgot” it in the Bluetooth settings. Went through process of re-pairing with the phone, all went without a hitch for the first time since these issues started. Synced phone - weather back, weekly miles back. Two test activities - both synced no problem. 

Time will tell whether this has fixed it, or whether problems will resurface. But if anyone else with these issues has the separate IQ Store app, then maybe that has caused the problems? Suggesting deleting the app, follow Traveller’s steps, remove device in both Connect app and Bluetooth, and then pair it again, see how you get on. 

• Out of interest, do you have the separate IQ Store app on your phone? If so, see my other reply to Traveller’s post. 

• I think you’re right about IQstore App.

i opened it, app asked me to log in, after this it synced with my fenix 5x+

• went back to connect app and without doing anything else, sync went through to the end.
      No more red exclamation mark. Anything seems ok now.

tomorrow I’ll test with activity sync

thanks Pray 

• Update - sadly the red exclamation mark has returned. I did however then manage to sync another activity, so it is at least working intermittently which is better than before; but it does seem likely that the problem isn’t solved. I suspect the only real solution will come if and when Garmin finally acknowledge the issue and sort out their broken app. 

• Same. Seems only a temp fix. I will call support again tomorrow as this is now beyond a joke.