This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to Sync after update to IOS 13.1.3

I have a Garmin Edge Explore and after upgrading my iPhone to ios 13.1.3 the Garmin is not automatically uploading to Garmin Connect anymore. Also manual upload does not work properly.

I have set the settings of the iPhone to the suggested settings but nothing works.

Garmin Connect app shows a green bullet to indicate it is connected to Edge Explore, but trying to sync is resulting in a red triangle indicating an error.

I use an iPhone X with ios 13.1.3

The Garmin Explore is on software version 4.24.0.17

• Same - reset the watch, deleted and reset the app on the phone, still does not work.

• Fenix 5X Plus 9.10 and iPhone 11 Pro Max 13.2
    This syncing problem is still an issue. The solutions provided only works temporarily. I have to "master reset" (delete device, forget bluetooth connectivity, restart watch, restart iPhone, pair, sync) everytime I want to sync an activity. And rarely it actually syncs after the reset. This also affects challenges. 

• The last 3 activities uploaded via bluetooth without problems. I don't get why this was before not the issue. Once I had to close GCM app en disable bluetooth on my iPhone for a while. Connecting again en it worked. It's very strange each user have another problems and another solutions (of no solutions). Strange...

• I have to "master reset" (delete device, forget bluetooth connectivity, restart watch, restart iPhone, pair, sync) everytime I want to sync an activity.

Have you tried syncing over WiFi instead?

Much less hassle than all the steps you are doing.

• I have connected the watch to my WiFi, but I thought that was for syncing Music, etc?
    How do I sync activities over WiFi? 

• Settings -> WiFi -> Connect to WiFi.

For easier access you can add WiFi to the Controls menu which is accessed with a long press of the upper left button (Light button).

After a successful WiFi sync, GCM on your mobile will pull the data from the Connect server.

EDIT: If your watch fails to complete a WiFi sync you should try disabling BT on your phone while doing it.

• I will try this after a run tomorrow! Thanks. (Should not be like this though....)

• I totally agree it shouldn't be like this - and certainly not for this long!

• This is completely Apple's fault when they released iOS 13.  Garmin has been working on fixing it- and are shooting for an update by the middle of November.  It's annoying- but "such is life" in the world of big tech.  You can still get your activities uploaded via Garmin Express, or Wifi.

• Wrong.  All of my other 3rd party fitness devices sync fine and update.  Includes my Scosche Heart-rate band, my FormSwim Goggles, Runscribe+ running pods, to name a few.   The Runscribe offers more data on their app than Garmin, and it never misses a beat.

Garmin like all developers receives advanced builds.  The thing you don't know is that Garmin fired all the developers who made GCM when they outsourced it.

This is ALL on Garmin.