This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to Sync after update to IOS 13.1.3

I have a Garmin Edge Explore and after upgrading my iPhone to ios 13.1.3 the Garmin is not automatically uploading to Garmin Connect anymore. Also manual upload does not work properly.

I have set the settings of the iPhone to the suggested settings but nothing works.

Garmin Connect app shows a green bullet to indicate it is connected to Edge Explore, but trying to sync is resulting in a red triangle indicating an error.

I use an iPhone X with ios 13.1.3

The Garmin Explore is on software version 4.24.0.17

• I wish it was that simple, no.  This can happen if you don't lock your phone at all and have Garmin Connect active and open. 

• I cannot sync for more than a week and I am not even on iOS 13.  I am still on iOS 12 on two different iPhones (6 & SE) and none of them can sync.  The problem is definitely on the Garmin side.

• Mine has randomly started working tonight after not syncing since Friday. Anyone else?

• nope.  no change.  no activity sync (using Express or WiFi), and no weather sync.  

• I was having the same issue but it’s kinda resolved now. If I do a few easy things that don’t involve re-pairing or disconnecting. 

1. Shut down the app on your phone (you have to actually shut it down not just go out of it)

2. Turn your phone’s Bluetooth off for about a minute

3. Turn your Bluetooth back on

4. Wait a minute then reopen the app. 

This has worked for me when I get the dreaded red exclamation point. It was not working at all before. Simply restarting my phone has also worked. I know this is ridiculous and is DEFINITELY a Garmin issue NOT an Apple iOS issue. Garmin has only released 1 update since the issue popped up with the so hopefully they’ll get some of this ironed out this week. 

• Yea I cant wait for mine to arrive, be nice to just have software that works and you know if there is a major bug its fixed within a day, not weeks like it is with Garmin, I cant understand why I put up with this debacle for so long but I will never buy Garmin again

• Last night I tried just removing the Connect IQ app. Since then Garmin connect mobile has worked perfectly, syncing every time . So far at least. 

• Nope. Doesn’t work. Seriously there is nothing you can do to fix this. Anything will be temporary. It’s a Garmin issue. They’re just unwilling to advise on what they’re doing about it. Getting worried it’s because they can’t do anything about it. 

• I couldn’t believe that this can work. But I tested it a few minutes ago. And... it worked. The activity I just made uploaded to GCM and Strava. 

But weather is still not working with this ‘solution’. 

• the latest beta for forerunner 945 (3.15b) works for me for the last 2 days which is a big improvement over the erratic sync experience before. so at least there is hope.