This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

No ability to import GPX files via iOS share function (response from support)

I got the following response from Garmin support regarding removing the ability to import GPX files using the iOS share function...

This was not an intended feature of Garmin Connect Mobile on any platform.  You should not expect that to come back.  If Garmin decides to add the ability to import 3rd party courses in the future, we'll do it directly thru the app and not the OS. 

Very disappointing ... If you used this feature, I suggest you open a ticket with Support and indicate your displeasure (politely).

david

• Former Member

is this true?

If so, you should really consider changing your direction.

Fenix users were really pissed when you let Garmin Basecamp Mobile and its offline capabilities die. There haven been a lot people glad that it was possible to do it in Connect when it appeared.

Never forget: If you are on a "true" "adventure" (a buzzword often used by your marketing), you will be more offline than online. I know, stepping up a curve can be climbing for some, but it isn't. Also trekking and hiking leads to areas you want to change your routes and do it OFFLINE. 

Please explain the guys doing the opposite of their job and crippling users: offline is the place where you can't connect to the mysterious thing called internet.

Mobile route planing was always a PIA in the Garmin system, that's why it will (always) stay important to be able to do it on another app and import the .gpx OFFLINE.

• doing it online is NO alternative to native OFFLINE file transfer. Never and nowhere.

• Former MemberFormer Member

is this true?

If so, you should really consider changing your direction.

Fenix users were really pissed when you let Garmin Basecamp Mobile and its offline capabilities die. There haven been a lot people glad that it was possible to do it in Connect when it appeared.

Never forget: If you are on a "true" "adventure" (a buzzword often used by your marketing), you will be more offline than online. I know, stepping up a curve can be climbing for some, but it isn't. Also trekking and hiking leads to areas you want to change your routes and do it OFFLINE. 

Please explain the guys doing the opposite of their job and crippling users: offline is the place where you can't connect to the mysterious thing called internet.

Mobile route planing was always a PIA in the Garmin system, that's why it will (always) stay important to be able to do it on another app and import the .gpx OFFLINE.