This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ATTN: iOS Users with issues after updating to iOS 13

I Am Having Issues with My Garmin Watch After Updating to iOS 13 on My iPhone

With the released of iOS 13, some changes in the way that your Garmin device communicates with your phone have changed.  Review the following symptoms which should solve your issue.

The Garmin Connect app displays the message "Bluetooth is turned off"

iOS 13 requires Bluetooth Sharing to be turned on for the Garmin Connect app.  Below are steps to enable this setting.

1. From the iPhone, select Settings

2. Scroll down and select Connect

3. Toggle Bluetooth Sharing on

NOTE: For the best user experience with your Garmin device and your phone, the Location setting should be set to Always and all toggles should be set to on.

I Am No Longer Getting Smart Notifications on My Garmin Device

To correct this issue follow the steps below:

Check Bluetooth Settings

1. From the iPhone, select Settings

2. Select Bluetooth

3. Under MY DEVICES select the i icon next to your Garmin device

4. Toggle Share System Notifications to on

Check Notification Settings

1. Select Notifications

2. Set "Show Previews" to Always

3. Under "NOTIFICATION STYLE" select Messages

4. Under "OPTIONS" set "Show Previews" to Always (Default)

Update your phone to iOS 13.3.1

Why Do I Need to Keep Signing Into the Garmin Connect App on My Phone?

Garmin is aware of an issue where the Garmin Connect app requires you to sign in when you open the app on an Apple phone.  This can occur when:

• The phone is rebooted
  • The battery on the phone runs out of charge
  • Some reports of the issue randomly occurring

Apple has released a software update for your phone that corrects this issue. To download and install  OS 13.3.1, refer to the following Apple instructions: Update your iPhone, IPad, or iPod Touch

• Actually only the Livetrack and activities sync are fixed, notifications still DO NOT WORK...

1 year I own this “high end” product, 6 months of software bug... time for Garmin to put more resources on SW Development!

• Running iOS 13.2, Garmin vivosmart hr still not giving me text notifications.  Tried uninstalling app and reinstalled still nothing.  Did everything suggested in settings and have no idea if I receive text with phone on silent.  

• I have done the 13.2 updates on my iPhone and still don’t get text notifications.... I have deleted the app and done all the trouble shooting tricks and still not able to get notifications..... I have a fenix 5s and thinking about returning it due to these problems

• Version 13.2 and still not operating correctly. Have done all your suggestions more than once. Occasional message will come through on watch but no email notifications. Next step will be to chuck this out quite frankly sick of it. Operated fine before so please what next??

• What should I do if my daily stats like steps, stairs, heart rate etc. are syncing, but not the details for the NYC marathon I’ve run. I’ve tried all the troubleshooting steps and nothing had worked. Help!! 

• Plug you watch to a computer and sync with Garmin Express.

Or - if your watch supports it - try syncing via WiFi.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

Weather widget constantly shows “waiting for data” and I get notifications when I’m making a call.  Tried all suggestions here and in other forums.  Worked perfectly for 18 months until recently. So frustrating...ready to smash my watch with a hammer and buy an Apple Watch.  Please fix!

• Do you have a time frame when this might be corrected? In understand that it’s an issue with Apple, but is there something that can be done to fix it by Garmin? I was going to get a new Garmin watch this year but now I’m wondering if I should get an Apple Watch. 

• Do you have an idea on when a fix might be available? I understand that it’s an Apple thing, but I’ve done everything including syncing with computer and it still doesn’t work. I was thinking of getting another Garmin watch/tracker this year but now I’m second guessing that thought. 

• I have followed every step to try and fix the no notification problem in iOS on my fenix 5. nothing i do fixes it. Ive connected to PC and verified i have the newest firmware, Ive reset all setting on the watch, ive gone through all the ios settings. if this cant get resolved im going to go to a different brand smart watch.