This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Connect - IOS, not syncing - Workouts OR Training Calendar?!

[h=2]Why does this keep getting marked as "Fixed" - Sending Workouts/Training Plans to devices?[/h] It's not - I have IOS 11 a Garmin 735XT and Garmin Connect app running on my iPhone.

Syncing a training plan is a nightmare, it's simply erratic, there is no process that simply works. It's incredibly frustrating as the day before a workout I get the plan and sometimes I'm wasting an hour messing about with trying to sync a workout.

I WAS able to sync workouts to the calendar and perform them that way, by making a work out in Garmin Connect iOS app, then scheduling that to the calendar via the calendar... This no longer works.

Now syncing a workout via the workouts "sometimes" works, I honestly cannot find one single method that just works.

Yes my IOS is up to date, yes I have Bluetooth turned on...

I've tried connecting my watch to my laptop to do the transfer, but this is 2018, can you not simply sync a simple workout or training calendar via Bluetooth, why is this so difficult?

Incredibly annoying for a $500 watch with crappy buggy software that's a "chance" at working. Simply NOT GOOD ENOUGH Garmin... sort it out.

The sticky thread "all issues are resolved" is incorrect.

Incredibly annoying.
  • Couldn't agree more. I've raised the same issue several weeks ago ... Also de-installing the app, setting up the device anew did not help.

This really is annoying.
  • I have to same problem either. I can’t sync my workout to my watch.
  • Same for me. Activities show up on watch, but don't sync to mobile app or online account. Instead, they get transferred as steps only. Wonder if it is the latest software update Version 7.70.0.0? I'm off to write grumpy posts on Garmin's social media pages ; )
  • I have a Garmin 235 and in many respects loved it. The reliability problems of mobile connect as described above is a showstopper for me so I recently purchased an Apple Watch 3.. but I am hoping Garmin addresses this issue. My son has a Garmin. The analytics and reporting are the best but I want a sport watch with some minimal but rock solid smart watch features such as calendar and notifications. It looks like this is the achilles heel of the Garmin sport watches.

I am rooting for Garmin though and hoping to hear something either as a fix or re-architecture of connection.. even hearing that the Garmin/ Android was rock solid might make me consider that route. So any encouraging statements from the staff at Garmin about making the connection of the watch to IOS or Android more reliable???
  • What is the latest on this issue? We need a resolution please! Every time there is a software update something stops working on connect for IOS.
  • Same problem here on fenix 3hr
  • Had the same problem with my 935. Workouts did only sync via Garmin Express. No updates via App oder Web. Seems a problem with segments was causing this. Saw an error about "unable to sync segment leaderboard". Removed the segment from the pending list of synchronization in GC (just click on the watch) and voila, my workout was synced.
  • The same. Again.
    Everytime there is an update gArmin breaks this feauture.

What at a shame.
  • +1
    250 € for ..a watch.I don t give a f*** about my Number of steps today , i just want to sync my workouts.
  • Dear Garmin-Team,

can you please come out of hibernation or whatever state you're currently in and FIX THIS - this has been going on for months now and there's not even a word from you, let alone a solution...