This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Intensity minutes not working properly

intensity minutes no longer classifies brisk walking as moderate exertion (it used to). Also does not pick up some runs as vigorous. Some days does not appear at all on daily dashboard.
  • ToniSilva swim activities are not included (not sure of the logic) I regularly swim with HRM and get a small number of intensity minutes which I think come from my raised heart rate following the swim. In general my minutes overall are in the right ball park with the exception of an underestimate from swimming. I only see it as a very rough guide of how much activity I am doing in a week.
  • Intensity not working properly on new vivmove he. Some days works fine walk for over an hour to work. Some days not be register at all - how do I solve this?
  • Old thread, I know. But I have this problem. Since 6 months ago, my watch no longer records anything as “vigorous.” I can sprint a mile with my heart rate monitor on, and keel over from exhaustion, and it will say this was “moderate” exercise. 

• And they still haven't gotten their act together my husband struggles with his watch; they replaced it and it's still doing the same thing,  definitely something wrong with the product super annoyed with the unreliable data Angry and their customer service not super helpful with trouble shooting nor does it seem like they even care to fix it. 

• I'm really disappointed that last Monday, Sept 9th I did 6 walks, all of which were strong intense miles that totaled 16 miles of walking.  I didn't get any intensity minutes at all that day!  Today my intensity card is missing, but it shows that I have it in my day.  I took a brisk walk and didn't get any intensity added to my day calculation.  Why is this happening?  Why doesn't Garmin help ever respond?

• Same thing happening to me!  Frustrating! My heart rate is tracked in the intensity level necessary for 20 mins and nothing shows up for intensity minutes. So frustrating 

• I see this is an old thread, but it is still an issue. None of my indoor rides on my Wahoo Kickr are loading intensity minutes and I am riding for multiple hours with a HR over 155 on average and spikes up to 185. 

• Try activating an aerobic workout on your watch when you start your kickr workout. You don't have to save the workout, but it will activate the heart rate monitor.

• Yeah, I wouldnt want both workouts saved over the top of each other, but its worth a shot to try. Thanks

• The whole IM thing is kind of a joke. They just don't work consistently. I have the 5x and it's a great platform for GPS and mapping etc., but the activity tracking is really no better and in reality worse than Apple, Samsung, and Fitbit. Just my 2 cents.