This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Health app not syncing correctly

Hi All,
I'm having an issue with the health app and my steps taken in Garmin connect. An example is the health showed 14k steps, in contrast to my Fenix 3 which displayed 18k steps. Is there a way to have the health app reflect the steps from the Garmin?
John
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 8 years ago
    Weight not being read from Health Kit

Just to add to the same issue - Weight is being loaded to Apple Health Kit and is not being read into Garmin Connect.

Can someone from application development help?
  • Just upgraded GC to 3.5.0.16 on iPhone 6, apparently it's not reading data from Apple Health.

My settings in Apple Health -> Sources -> Connect are:

ALLOW "CONNECT" TO WRITE DATA: All categories except "Weight"
    ALLOW "CONNECT" TO READ DATA: "Weight", "Data of Birth", "Height", etc.,

I have another app which sends "Weight" data to Apple Health and it works flawlessly, but GC just can't read that info from Health. Also if I change DOB in Health, it's not reflected in GC either. So it seems to me like one-way communication, only from GC to Health.

Has anyone run into the same issue?

Same here. I have my Apple Health app setup to receive weight from another app which is updated every morning when I weigh in. This is done correctly. Garmin Connect will no longer update my weight from Apple Health and/or from MFP.
  • No weight and others, but steps and sleep good...

I haven't had a chance to do a workout with my new Vivoactive HR, but sleep, steps go in. It looks like things it should be writing like steps, active energy, et cetera are not. My biggest beef is that weight is not being synchronized at all. I have a digital scale that uploads to a service that puts the data into Health (StepLink) from my Fitbit profile. It's showing up in Health but definitely not in Connect. I even did what others did which was to turn write off and read on to make sure that wasn't causing a conflict of some sort. Hopefully they can get this worked out.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 8 years ago
    I am having the same issue. I can't get active calories to sync over to health.
  • Yep same here. Also, GC doesn't seem to be reading my weight from the health app.

Bugs all-round.

I am having the same problem. My Withings App properly writes my Weight on Apple Health but GCM doesn't seem to be reading it! BTW, I have given Apple Health privacy permission to GCM to read my weight ...

Any official update on this?
  • Just want to bump this back to the top in the hopes that it'll be fixed in the next GCM update.
  • Yep same here. Also, GC doesn't seem to be reading my weight from the health app.

Bugs all-round.

yes me too. I've found :

- sleep, heart rate and steps sync once a day around midnight
    - calories - resting and active, distance seem to update during the day but then at midnight completely disappear to never return ....
    - weight doesn't read
  • yes me too. I've found :

- sleep, heart rate and steps sync once a day around midnight
    - calories - resting and active, distance seem to update during the day but then at midnight completely disappear to never return ....
    - weight doesn't read

For me (Fenix 3 HR) the workouts sync, but the calories burned are somehow divided by 100. So if I burned 300 calories during a workout, Apple Health will show I burned 0,3 calories. MyFitnessPal shows the correct number of calories, though.
  • Latest I got from my ticket open with Garmin Support. I asked for some clarification because I don't know what they mean by Health does not support weight, since it has a weight widget and you can enter data into it. I have the latest version of GCM (3.7.0.7)

Thank you for contacting Garmin International.

Garmin Connect Mobile (GCM) version 2.6 and above provides support for the Apple Health application. Currently, Health only supports wellness users, so access permission will only be requested if you have an activity tracker registered to Garmin Connect. The following list explains what information is shared:

Health only receives Steps, Calories and Distance from the Steps card.
    Health only shows data from two weeks prior to Health being enabled in GCM.
    Health does not support weight or sleep.
    Health will not show any information from running activities, this includes distance or calories.
    Health will not show any information from cycling activities, this includes distance or calories.
    Health calories will not always match up with the calories on the calories card on GCM, this is because we are only using calories from the steps card.

Once HealthKit is enabled, it can only be disabled from the HealthKit app, not from GCM.

To enable/disable sharing:

Open the Health app.
    Touch "Sources" at the bottom of the screen.
    Touch "Connect".
    Toggle to Enable/Disable the desired data.
  • Me too - Garmin Support however - wants to say the issue is with Apple and not them. I see the same behaviors as you.

Sadly that's a typical support response. I have plenty of apps that have no problem seamlessly reading and writing to Health, including weight.

If the way they've coded GCM doesn't play nice with Health, yet they still want to advertise Health integration as a feature (which i hope they do), it's up to their software development team to figure out how to make it work, not Apple. And please Apple don't give us the "it's someone else's fault" rubbish in response.