This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Health app not syncing correctly

Hi All,
I'm having an issue with the health app and my steps taken in Garmin connect. An example is the health showed 14k steps, in contrast to my Fenix 3 which displayed 18k steps. Is there a way to have the health app reflect the steps from the Garmin?
John
  • Does anyone know the answer?
  • Does anyone know the answer?

Garmin is lacking development on key features like good apple health integration and cross syncing. I hope they will implement a feature to sync from health to garmin connect when im not wearing my fenix 3.
  • Garmin is lacking development on key features like good apple health integration and cross syncing. I hope they will implement a feature to sync from health to garmin connect when im not wearing my fenix 3.

It's it ridiculous. Garmin is now writing 4x the data into the health app. An example is the cheeky 20,000 kcal I supposedly burnt yesterday
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 8 years ago
    Hi All,
    I'm having an issue with the health app and my steps taken in Garmin connect. An example is the health showed 14k steps, in contrast to my Fenix 3 which displayed 18k steps. Is there a way to have the health app reflect the steps from the Garmin?
    John

I have a slightly different problem. Fenix 3 shows 6000 steps (which is correct), and Apple Health over 40000! Trouble is, Garmin is writing the same data multiple times into Health. It's driving me mad :(
  • The multiple entries per day is getting ridiculous. It was bad when it was only double entries but now it's at least 3 and sometimes 4 entries per day.
  • The multiple entries per day is getting ridiculous. It was bad when it was only double entries but now it's at least 3 and sometimes 4 entries per day.

I've seen the same issue with my Forerunner 230. I noticed that if you go into the HealthApp and look at the steps detail you can manually delete out all the duplicate steps. I'm not sure why the Garmin Connect App doesn't read the Health App data first and then only push those "missing" steps. It looks like it just keeps pushing ALL step data multiple times during the day.
  • I've seen the same issue with my Forerunner 230. I noticed that if you go into the HealthApp and look at the steps detail you can manually delete out all the duplicate steps. I'm not sure why the Garmin Connect App doesn't read the Health App data first and then only push those "missing" steps. It looks like it just keeps pushing ALL step data multiple times during the day.

Hopefully Garmin see this thread and give us an answer as to why the multiple entries keep occurring.
  • There was an app update today and the release notes mention - Improved Apple Health Integration. Here's hoping it gets fixed.
  • Connect for iOS can now read DOB, height, sex & weight from Apple Health (brilliant, because I currently go through MFP which is a day off due to sync errors).

Connect for iOS can now write body fat percentage, body mass index, flights climbed, heart rate, resting energy, sleep analysis, weight, workouts.

This is EXCELLENT for me. I'm VERY happy. :D
  • Connect for iOS can now read DOB, height, sex & weight from Apple Health (brilliant, because I currently go through MFP which is a day off due to sync errors).

Connect for iOS can now write body fat percentage, body mass index, flights climbed, heart rate, resting energy, sleep analysis, weight, workouts.

This is EXCELLENT for me. I'm VERY happy. :D

Just upgraded GC to 3.5.0.16 on iPhone 6, apparently it's not reading data from Apple Health.

My settings in Apple Health -> Sources -> Connect are:

ALLOW "CONNECT" TO WRITE DATA: All categories except "Weight"
    ALLOW "CONNECT" TO READ DATA: "Weight", "Data of Birth", "Height", etc.,

I have another app which sends "Weight" data to Apple Health and it works flawlessly, but GC just can't read that info from Health. Also if I change DOB in Health, it's not reflected in GC either. So it seems to me like one-way communication, only from GC to Health.

Has anyone run into the same issue?