This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Steps not transferring in Apple Health

Is anyone else having trouble with step data syncing over to apple health from Garmin Connect on iPhone 6? I use weight watchers and the only way to get activity points to transfer in to weight watchers is through apple health. I even have Garmin Connect linked to weight watchers but the data does not transfer that way. I have tried turning my phone off and on which has forced the data to sync in the past. But it hasn't worked this time. No data has synced between apple health and connect since 7pm Friday. I'm having to manually enter the data into health right now.
  • Also, something appears to be wrong with the activity monitoring. I recorded over 13,000 steps one day last week yet the garmin says I was sedentary from noon on.This has got to be the screwiest app I have ever used.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 8 years ago
    i have the same issue with my fenix 3

my fenix 3 have the same issue too.
    i recorded over 17000 steps today. I synced the activities to Apple Health via Garmin Connect app. But the Apple Health app showed only 5000+ Steps.
    In the Connect app Steps Dash Board, the total steps is over 17000. But the Bar Graph show very few.
  • I have the same issue with a forerunner 235 ....

GC mobile doesn't seem to write in the Apple health neither the steps, nor the HR datas. If you are seeing steps in the iphone they are generated by the iphone sensor, not by GC.

Try to disconnect the sensor in settings / Confidentiality / Movements & health, you will see that the iphone is not logging anything anymore.

almot all other brands are reading / writing in the Health App, but it seems that Garmin is shutting down to give privilege where they have commercial benefit : They are shutting down the interface with weight, because they start to have some business on scales.... Really no so good.
  • Try uninstalling & reinstalling the app. That often fixes that kind of problem.
  • Try uninstalling & reinstalling the app. That often fixes that kind of problem.

So you were right, if installing the App with the Iphone sensor active in the Settings, you do not get the possibility to write the number of steps. You need fisrts to disable the Step sensor from the iphone, uninstall & reinstall GC, and then the steps are there !

Thanks
  • So I think I confirm to fast, GC is syncing with Health, but only partly..... yesterday I recorded over 9000 steps in GC and GC only wrote 3000 in Health.... This is amazing how this app can be buggy !!

No possibility to edit the recorded data, no possibility to export .... and sync not function !! a mess for such a price !
  • Steps are syncing fine. Actually everything is. The difference is that the Garmin Connect app syncs full total step count the next day to Apple Health (as it does for everything, you'll see the time written in Health as 00:00).

But before that you need to set the priority for steps from the iPhone step sensor to Garmin Connect. From here : https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6570888?start=0&tstart=0

"Preventing data from being duplicated in the Health app
    Next go back to the dashboard and tap on the "Steps" pane. Tap "Share Data" then the edit button on the top right.
    Drag the Garmin row so that it is the first in the list under "Data Sources." This will prioritize the data from the Garmin Connect as opposed to aggregating the data from the Garmin Connect as well as the iphone's step tracker."
  • This is not happening in my configuration ....

The internal sensor of the iphone is deactivated, yesterday I made only 3958 steps in Garmin connect , I verify this morning, in the Apple Health 1969 steps ....
  • This is not happening in my configuration ....

The internal sensor of the iphone is deactivated, yesterday I made only 3958 steps in Garmin connect , I verify this morning, in the Apple Health 1969 steps ....

Did you set the priority for steps to the Garmin Connect as described above ? How did you "disable" the internal sensor ? Did you also went in the steps page for yesterday in the app today, so that could trigger the sync to Health ?
  • I disable the steps in the iphone by going into settings / Confidentiality / Movement & form / and uncheck follow ....

I had in the GC source setup of Health the ability to read data by GC. So I uncheck this to see if it is going to be better !