Garmin connect causing bluetooth issues on samsung phone

Since the latest update on my forerunner 255, garmin connect doesn't synchronise well with my phone. It can be paired, but the last step: synchronisation doesn't work. Most of the times it only synchronises once after starting up my phone, then the connection is lost. Workouts won't upload anymore and I cannot see live data from my forerunner, the synchronisation keeps hanging. Aside from that, other bluetooth devices (for instance in-ears, or laptop, sound device ...) also cannot couple to my phone when garmin connect is installed, even if they are already paired. The devices cannot find my phone's bluetooth. Had contact with garmin but they keep sending me random links to try standard issues, nothing helped. When garmin connect is removed, all bluetooth devices work fine. 

• Try temporarily disabling the Wi-Fi on the phone, and see whether it makes any difference. Certain Samsung models are known for conflicts between Wi-Fi and Bluetooth (both of them using the same band of 2.4 GHz). If it helps, then you can try using the 5 GHz band, if your Wi-Fi router supports it. Resetting the network on the phone may sometimes help too.

• Disabling Wi-fi didn't help. It's really the app garmin connect that's causing bluetooth issues. Clearly a difference with or without the app installed. I saw similar problems in the reviews in google play store for the app. Reset network settings resulted in solving the issue for a brief moment (it synchronised once) but after a few minutes the connection got lost again.

• I still suspect it is related to your phone, since this is not the standard behavior. Most of us, we do not have any such problems, and the majority of this kind of problems reported here on the forum, come from Samsung phone owners. There are some additional tips in the Sync / Connection Troubleshooting Guide, but if nothing of it helps, and the Support at Garmin and at Samsung do not help either, then you'll either have to sync over the USB cable to a computer, or try a different phone (or a tablet), or a different watch.

• I have a similar problem with a Samsung A41 and an Edge Explore 2. Syncing hangs and the device disconnects. Bluetooth scan on the phone no longer finds any bluetooth devices. Turning wifi and/or bluetooth off then on has no effect. However, turning airplane mode on/off does seem to clear the problem and allows the edge to reconnect, until the next sync or 2 and the problem repeats.

I tried doing a factory reset of the phone, which seemed to fix it for a short while, but then the problem returned. 

The problem started about a month ago  - prior to this I had no problems for a couple of months.

I too have raised a request with Garmin Support.

• This is a cycling computer right? I can sync my edge 820 without any problems. 

• Yea that's the annoying thing. They're blaming each other. Adding the vivoactive 3 has the same issue, synching my forerunner to an iPhone works, synching my edge 820 to my phone works as well. And it's only when I try to sync my forerunner the general Bluetooth issues start. And that all after the garmin update. I really don't know what causes the issue here And if it's garmin or samsung related. Requirements for garmin are ok. I have Android 12 And Bluetooth 5.0 so that cannot be the problem. 

• You can find some more troubleshooting tips here: Sync / Connection Troubleshooting Guide

Unfortunately it is a rather complex problems on Android phones, since each manufacturer introduces their own ways to the functionality. I do not want to recommend getting an iPhone to Android users (I use both of them), but it is true that Bluetooth connectivity problems are almost non-existing on iOS. And when there is a case, there are only  2 or 3 possible reasons. On Android, the reasons are countless (as you can see on the number of hints of the troubleshooting guide).

• Hola compañeros, en mi caso con Samsung A41, Android 12, Bluetooth 5.0 me pasa exactamente lo mismo. Los problemas comenzaron hace aproximadamente 1 mes.

He enviado el Fr 965 a Soporte para que puedan examinar sus instalaciones y comprobar si hay algún fallo en la unidad. La App Connect crea muchos conflictos con el resto del Bluetooth de otros dispositivos.

Viendo los comentarios creo que recibiré mi unidad sin REPARACIÓN o CON EL MISMO PROBLEMA. Parece que Garmin descartó el PROBLEMA con los móviles SAMSUNG y Android.....

• hmm, yeah, but then again, who's issue is that? Samsung or Garmin? In my opinion that's something Garmin should fix. Something that can be interesting that i forgot to mention is that there are no problems if I put my phone in safe modus. 

• Something that can be interesting that i forgot to mention is that there are no problems if I put my phone in safe modus. 

In that case it looks like the problem is on the phone, and you should speak to Samsung