This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New v4.75 update crashes

After today's update of the app, the app crashes every time it tries to sync with the watch.

The watch is Instinct 2X, fw 14.12, the phone is Pocophone F1 with android 10. Prior to this update everything worked perfectly.

• Sorry. I looked at it and I can't see that it downloads an app which is what I need. It wants to download an APK but I don't know what that is and I won't do it.  I won't destroy my new tablet trying to fix what is essentially a fancy toy. I'll have to wait for garmin to fix it. Thank you for replying! I've noticed people here are friendly and helpful and don't jump all over an elderly woman with the beginning of dementia like me. I should probably send the watch back and just write in a notebook like I did when dinosaurs ruled the Earth.

• I talked to support Feb. 2 and again Feb. 6. Same man both times. He said it's an app problem and for me to wait for an email telling me it's been fixed. On Friday he said the app was suspected and an engineer would call Monday but they didn't so I called on Tuesday and happened to get the same guy in the Tucson call center. That's when he told me to wait for a fix.

• You read my mind. 

I would expect this from Fitbit, never from Garmin Disappointed

• I have managed to download the APK. I do it on tablet.

I am going to give Garmin another week before I uninstall the current version and attempt to install the older version. I never installed an app from APK. 

I sync my current activities twice a day using desktop windows version of Garmin connect. 

• Also the same here. My Forerunner 55  would not sync anymore with my Galaxy Tab S5e. Did worked perfectly before the update. Bad service from NLsupport Garmin (answers from a robot?). Why does Garmin not fix this? Do the users have to figure this out for themselfs.

• Thanks 4835087! It works again with version 4.74.1 

• I find it a bit alarming it's been 11 days since this severe, showstopping bug was created and Garmin never posted a fixed version.

Something I noticed but it might be meaningless is when you click on the reviews and then change it to sort by newest, the most complaints about the bluetooth fail is from tablet users rather than phone users.

However there are definitely some phone users complaining.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.garmin.android.apps.connectmobile&hl=en_US&gl=US

Garmin devs obviously do not monitor such feedback.

Google Play lists an email for garmin android devs but I bet the don't monitor that either.

They must have broken this for many thousands of users yet nothing for over a week? What? How?

• I agree. This is alarming, Fitbit-like behavior. I left Fitbit because of this behavior.  I have decided I will never buy another Garmin device. The fact that the support phone people haven't been told what to do is especially alarming. 

• The fact that the support phone people haven't been told what to do is especially alarming. 

Did you speak to them? This just a user forum. You can reach the support by phone, chat, or email listed for your region at https://support.garmin.com 

• You are coming into this 10 days late. I have posted extensively about phone support, etc. Get up to speed before you comment.