This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New v4.75 update crashes

After today's update of the app, the app crashes every time it tries to sync with the watch.

The watch is Instinct 2X, fw 14.12, the phone is Pocophone F1 with android 10. Prior to this update everything worked perfectly.

• The remaining question I guess is if everyone at Garmin dev just quietly quit or something because nothing but tumbleweeds for going onto the fifth day.

It's not a holiday weekend and they knew before the weekend there was a problem.

Even the forum moderators who chime in when something is pending are quiet.

We had a similar issue with the Windows Garmin Express last year and they were fixing it within 48 hours.

• I don't know if this will do anything to work around the problem and it's not even an option if you do not have Android 11 or newer, but there is an alternative Bluetooth Stack on android called  "Gabeldorsche"  (the legacy stack is called "Fluoride")

In android 11 and 12 you can turn on Gabeldorsche under Developer Options under system settings but if you don't know how to do that you shouldn't be messing with it in the first place.

In Android 13 and newer, Gabeldorsche is the default. So I am curious if Android 13 users are also crashing and/or not getting any device connects under 4.75 Garmin Connect app

• I am running 13 on a new Galaxy Tab A9+.  Purchased and updated yesterday.  It has the same problems

• I did that, went from 4.75 to 4.74.1 and that fixed the sync! I will not update the app again until something breaks. Disappointing to say the least.

• If the choice is loosing all app functionality vs taking the risk, hard to imagine anyone just going to wait around for a fix. Clearly Garmin does not test enough before release... they should just provide apks of older versions themselves.

• I was wary of downloading from a site other than Play Store, but APKMirror seems to have done the trick with no negative side-effects (so far!)

The Devs REALLY need to get their fingers out - this is a ridiculous situation.

Also +1 for Garmin hosting an archive of older versions..

• Same issue here with Fenix 7 and Garmin connect 4.75 on Android. I've tried to follow the online help (RTFM) but no success, even enrolled to the beta program... still no luck

• The play store still has version 4.75 for me. Just in case it had been updated, I pre-installed, but it's exactly the same issue. How do I get the version that works?

• Agree. It is very frustrating that they don't seem to be doing anything. 

• Where did you get 4.74.1?