This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New v4.75 update crashes

After today's update of the app, the app crashes every time it tries to sync with the watch.

The watch is Instinct 2X, fw 14.12, the phone is Pocophone F1 with android 10. Prior to this update everything worked perfectly.

• Using my forerunner 245, i can not anymore synchrinze witth my tablet.

What i already did:
    -> factory reset of the watch
    -> unininstall/reinstall garmin connect

The tablet (garmin connect mobile)  recognize the watch, ask for a 6 digit number, but fails to go further (fails during configuration).

Can not use the watch in this case.

• Same issue here with Vivosmart 5 - Connect app V 4.75 is causing sync problems (see other threads)

• Galaxy Tab a.  Stopped connecting after update. Done everything on troubleshooting list. Even uninstalled app. Still failing. Watch wants to connect, completely the app.

• Still unable to sync with the v4.75 after reinstalled from the Play Store. (Fenix 5s plus)

• Fix the problem on my side . I uninstalled the garmin connexion mobile application on my smartphone. I have downladed the apk version 4.74 on internet and manually installed it. Then i have forbiden the automatic update of thé application on the pplaystore to avoid to automatic upgrade. All seems working now.

• Hopefully Garmin will fix this soon - we shouldn't have to resort to old versions of the app to make it work 

• Thank you for that. I did as you suggested and the watch is now connecting to the app.

Weirdly i installed 4.75 to my Samsung phone and the watch connected up to that which helped me prove that it was not the watch that was faulty

• You would like to think so

• Forerunner 45 not syncing after update on a Fire HD 10. Seems to coincide with service outages, as I could not log into their website. I wiped the watch, uninstalled the app, and installed the previous version which is available via APKMirror. Now working perfectly. The latest update does work on my Galaxy S9+, so although it's definitely a issue with the update it doesn't affect all devices. 

• I hope Garmin test the update properley whem they think that it is fixed. Also are they going to let us know when it is done so as update the app and set our playstore app back onto autoupdate