This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Having trouble syncing Garmin Edge 810 with new Samsung S23+.

Samsung S23 and Garmin Edge 810 syncing and connection issues. After 10% get error message setup could not be completed. 

• Suggest starting over from scratch -

• Remove your Garmin device from the Garmin Connect App (Menu >> Garmin devices).
    • "Unpair" all Garmin devices in android Bluetooth settings. Settings >> Bluetooth >> Unpair
    • Do the same for any other nearby mobile devices that might have Garmin in its Bluetooth settings. A common issue for users that have a new phone or other mobile devices also paired to the same Garmin device.
    • Unpair from the app. Settings >> Apps >> Show System Apps >> Bluetooth >> Storage >> Clear Data
    • Uninstall Connect IQ, if installed, from old and new phone
    • Reboot your phone, restart your Garmin.
    • On your Garmin device place into "pairing mode. Bluetooth Settings >> Pair Smartphone to manually enter pairing mode.
    • Pair using Garmin Connect Mobile app

• Same issue here with Edge 1030 and S23 Ultra. Seems like it gets stuck on where it normally should show the BLE prompt but is never shows. Please Garmin fix this asap! Tried factory reset on Edge but didnt help. 

• Same issue here.

Tried connecting my edge 820 with my Samsung S23. 

• I got the same issue with my S23+. It seems that many people in other communities are reporting the same issue.

• If none of this works, I suggest you contact Garmin Support directly via phone or chat - https://support.garmin.com/

• Same problem here. I tried reinstalling Garmin Connect on my new Samsung Galaxy S3 gave it all permissions, and it still will not pair. The phone itself pairs almost instantly. Either Garmin connect expects to initiate the pairing or the pairing is already in progress. It would make sense if Garmin Connect did not expect the phone to be paired, but could deal with it if it already was.  If not paired then pair. If paired do not pair, and continue with setup.. Seems simple enough. But why does it not pair only on the S23.  I tried the same garmin device on my older phone a 10e, and it worked first time. So logically there is something else going on within the security setup of the Garmin S23. I dont know what it is, but I will let you all know if I find anything. IF YOU HAPPEN TO HAVE A SOLUTION (which is not already posted) PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!

• good idea... wish I thought of that. Too bad there is no support, just this forum. (joking)

• The phone itself pairs almost instantly.

Make sure to remove any direct pairing between the Garmin device and the phone before pairing it from within Garmin Connect.

• Have you susceed to connect Garmin with your phone?

• I have succeeded by switching off the Samsung Cloud Sync switch in the advanced bluetooth settings. After weeks of unsuccesdul attempts, my Edge 810 paired and connected with my Samsung S23  in the blink of an eye. Hope this helps for others.