This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

No call notifications after Garmin Connect App update

Hi there,

after the last Garmin Connect app update (v 4.54.1) call notifications to Venu2 (SW 8.11) are not working anymore.

No changes were made to the setting (in the app as well on the watch).

All relevant setting are the same as before the app update (verified twice in the Garmin Connect app and on the watch too):

• Smart Notifications - General Use - Allow notifications - All
  • Smart Notifications - During an Activity - Allow notifications - All

All other functionality like applications notifications, phone disconnect alerts etc. are working.

1. Soft reset (by holding upper button till the watch shuts down) didn't fix the issue.
  2. Factory reset (System - Reset - Reset Default Settings) didn't fix the issue.

I was able to fix the issue by restoring previous Garmin Connect app (v 4.53) - so the source of the problem is the last GC app update for sure. 

How could Garmin broke the basic functionality of the smart watch by the app update

I'm really disappointed. This is not why the customers pay the price of premium brand........

edit 2022/05/14:

Firmware of my  Venu2 has been updated yesterday to 9.17.
Call notifications are still working (with Garmin Connect app v 4.53). 

edit 2022/05/29:

Garmin Connect v 4.55 didn't fix the issue - call notifications are no longer working right after update 4.53->4.55
I had to roll back to v 4.53 to get it fixed.

edit 2022/05/31

Based on responses (different models affected) the subject has been changed - removed "on Venu2".

edit 2022/06/01

Call notifications are finally working - Garmin Connect v 4.55.1.

• Well... your "temporary fix"... It's really sad to see something like that Confused

• Hello,

Same symptom here after GCM 4.55 update I am not longer getting notifications related to phone calls, sms or emails on my Forerunner 945.

This instability is quite frustrating.

• Finally, good news - call notifications in the last GCM update (v4.55.1) are working.

I hope not only for me (Venu2, SW 9.17)....

• It's reliable? My problem with later versions is that after few hours, sometimes days stops notifying.

• Works for the Fenix 6 Pro as well. By the way, if you have an incoming call and don't answer or reject immediately, does your Venu2 vibrate once or continuously until you answer or reject it?

• Well, I didn't expect it could stop notifying after few hours/days... It's still working, 1 hour since the app update. I'll send update in case it stops.

Anyway... You wrote "days"... 3 days ago I tested v4.55 (call notifications not working)  - at that time it was the last available version of GCM on Play Store.

How many days you have v4.55.1 installed...?

• if you have an incoming call and don't answer or reject immediately, does your Venu2 vibrate once or continuously

It vibrates 2 times only Expressionless

It's a big step-down compared to my previous (3y old) smart watch - it vibrates all the time till I answered/rejected the call. 
    It was possible to silence the phone from the watch too - so the ringing didn't disturb till I walk to the phone or take it out from my backpack....
    And even it was possible to define different vibration patterns for different notifications (one for calls, different for SMS, ....) - to be exact user-defined patterns.... Arrow right Custom vibration patters

• There was a time (before, I guess, 2019) when Garmin watches had continuous vibration till answer/reject. I assumed it was my Fenix 6 that didn't support it anymore. So I checked older Fenix 2 and 3 just because I remembered that they had this option, but no more.

So it must have been a change in Connect Mobile a few years ago. During two years of working from home mainly and almost no voice calls to mobile, I missed most calls, and assumed people were impatient and had hung up quickly. Wasn't good for business. Now that I know, I keep the phone on me. But it's a step back for sure.

• But it's a step back for sure.

That's right.... A lot of complaints all over the forum, some of them 1 2 3 4 5 6 ...

• For a function that used to work perfectly well until 2 years ago and then broke, to see Garmin ask users to file an 'feature request', is quite disappointing. I don't want to change brands at all so I'm going for an additional device. 

Ditto and comparable devices (links below) are no longer available. Does anyone know an alternative for these, or a smartband that comes with a good quality privacy-friendly app without the need for an account somehwere?

www.amazon.com/.../

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-Incoming-Vibration-Colors-Coffee/dp/B00DNTNOBW

In the mean time, let's all contribute to a flood of requests on www.garmin.com/.../