This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

No call notifications after Garmin Connect App update

Hi there,

after the last Garmin Connect app update (v 4.54.1) call notifications to Venu2 (SW 8.11) are not working anymore.

No changes were made to the setting (in the app as well on the watch).

All relevant setting are the same as before the app update (verified twice in the Garmin Connect app and on the watch too):

• Smart Notifications - General Use - Allow notifications - All
  • Smart Notifications - During an Activity - Allow notifications - All

All other functionality like applications notifications, phone disconnect alerts etc. are working.

1. Soft reset (by holding upper button till the watch shuts down) didn't fix the issue.
  2. Factory reset (System - Reset - Reset Default Settings) didn't fix the issue.

I was able to fix the issue by restoring previous Garmin Connect app (v 4.53) - so the source of the problem is the last GC app update for sure. 

How could Garmin broke the basic functionality of the smart watch by the app update

I'm really disappointed. This is not why the customers pay the price of premium brand........

edit 2022/05/14:

Firmware of my  Venu2 has been updated yesterday to 9.17.
Call notifications are still working (with Garmin Connect app v 4.53). 

edit 2022/05/29:

Garmin Connect v 4.55 didn't fix the issue - call notifications are no longer working right after update 4.53->4.55
I had to roll back to v 4.53 to get it fixed.

edit 2022/05/31

Based on responses (different models affected) the subject has been changed - removed "on Venu2".

edit 2022/06/01

Call notifications are finally working - Garmin Connect v 4.55.1.