This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Pairing and after a while forgetting the phone

Hello, after the latest update my Garmin Connect after some while completely forgets vivoactive 4 which has been already paired. When I add new device, pair it, the app remembers the device as long as I actively use the app. If not, the app forgets and I have to again add new device and pair it. Then go through all the innitial steps after finally Garmin says Congratulation to your new device. I am using Samsung Galaxy A52s. I know there is an issue with Samsung phones. But I have the same problem with my Huawei P10 as well. Local Czech Garmin support doesn't seem to be willing to help. 

• Make it so the app and the phone are configured so that they have no knowledge that the vivoactive ever existed. There are some extra steps involving the Bluetooth data. See if this helps - Android pairing issue

• I have the same issue with my Venu 2S. Almost every time I want to synchronize my watch, somehow the connect app has completely forgotten that my device. I have to install my watch through "add device" every time again. Someone has advice on this? 

• You've done all of this including watching and following the video? Android pairing issue - Garmin Connect Mobile Android - Mobile Apps & Web - Garmin Forums

There is a pairing problem with the phone and needs to be completely redone. Follow these steps and video:

• Remove your Garmin device from the Garmin Connect App (Menu >> Garmin devices).
    • "Unpair" all Garmin devices in android Bluetooth settings. Settings >> Bluetooth >> Unpair
    • Do the same for any other nearby mobile devices that might have Garmin in its Bluetooth settings. A common issue for users that have a new phone or other mobile devices also paired to the same Garmin device.
    • Unpair from the app. Settings >> Apps >> Show System Apps >> Bluetooth >> Storage >> Clear Data
    • Reboot your phone, restart your Garmin.
    • On your Garmin device place into "pairing mode." Differs per device, on newer devices: Menu >> Connectivity >> Phone >> Pair Phone to manually enter pairing mode.
    • Pair using Garmin Connect Mobile app