This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Android 12 December update and app notifications not working

Hi,

Since the December update of Android 12 I stop getting app notifications on my fenix 5 plus after either watch/phone (pixel 4a(5g)) wakes up from do not disturb.

Deleting and adding the device again in connect solves the problem until the next morning...

Anyone else experiencing this?

• I cannot confirm the adding/deleting device but I have the same issue : everything was working fine on my end until the December update. 

Since I updated my phone (Pixel 4XL) to the latest Android 12 December update, my Fenix 6 does not receive app notification anymore. Before (on Android 12 also), everything was working perfectly. So, here is the summary since my Android 12 December update :

- My watch is working fine

- My watch can sync with Connect on my phone perfectly

- I still get phone notification on my watch (incoming calls)

- I still get sync notification on my watch (activity synched)

- Only the app notifications (GMail, Facebook, etc) stopped working.

• I have the Same issued,everything ist working fine exept Messages or notifications.

• I have exactly all the same symptoms. No app notifications but syncing and calls all appear as normal. Quite frustrating. Please fix.

1. approach A42ですが、ペアリングしても

通知がきません。

• Response from Garmin to the same post in Fenix thread:

We are looking into an issue with our Golf watch, specifically the Approach S62, experiencing a notification issue on Android 12 smartphones.

If you Golf with your Fenix 6 series watch and use the Android Golf APP on your smartphone, if you remove the Golf APP and the issue resolves itself, please let us know.

I do have and use the Golf app. I have removed it and it seems to have resolved the issue. Suggest trying.

• Thanks pbjos, that seems to have solved it for now. Hopefully they can sort out the issue with the golf app soon.

• Yes, I have the same problem.  I am using descent MK2i  with Pixel 4… had the same situation where restart/reconnect with the watch will solve the problem until the next connection…

• Hi Alex 5900959, Sorry I can't see your thread here, only on an email update I recieved, so I hope you get it. But to answer your question, just remove the Garmin golf app from the phone. The app on the watch is fine. 

• Hi Craig, oh yes it seems to have gone - that did the trick though so thanks for that! Hopefully they fix it soon as I'm playing golf on the weekend! All the best, Alex 

• Hi Alex, no worries. So am I. I plan to re-install just before golf, as I don't need any notifications whilst playing. Store the game, review and when finished remove it again until they get a fix. Just FYI the app in the the Android Play store was last updated 6th December so before I re-install again perminantly I will be looking for an update on this one. Craig