This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

After last update, cannot synchronize the watch with the application. Need Help!

• After the last update, I cannot synchronize my watch with the Garmin Connect application. My watch does show me the activities but it didn't synch my steps, heart rate during the day, and other stuff like for example sleeping...
  • I tried every single method how to connect to the application (removing the device from the app, Bluetooth, etc)...nothing worked. Can you help me please?
  • My phone: Samsung Galaxy S7
  • My watch: Forerunner 45
  • Sorry no solution but I am having the same trouble with the app since it updated to 4.36. The activities sync but not the steps, heart rate or active minutes

Using a Nokia 8, and Vivoactive 3

I looked in settings --> device sync audit and it says

Upload Status=FAILED (Failed to read file from device)
    Download Status=NOT_STARTED
    Time Sync Status=SUCCESSFUL
    Overall Sync Status=FAILED
    Origin=5037_SYNC_REQUEST_MESSAGE__VISIBLE_IF_FILES

• . I tried every single method

Not sure what you've tried. Most are helped by removing the watch from Garmin Connect app, "forgetting" the watch in Android Bluetooth settings, restarting the phone and the watch, then adding the watch back using only the Garmin Connect app.

Also, check that you haven't logged in to the app with the wrong account - Data is Missing from My Garmin Account After Syncing

• Yeah, it says exactly the same....but unfortunately this isn't a solution. So, hope that they will fix it in the next update :) 

• After the last update, I cannot synchronize my watch with the Garmin Connect application. I tried every single method how to connect to the application...nothing worked. Can you help me please?

As  wrote, it is unclear what everything you tried, but there i a rather complete Sync / Connection Troubleshooting Guide covering practically every known possibility, and I would be surprised if none of the tips applied to your case too.

The activities sync but not the steps, heart rate or active minutes

This is a different problem, and practically certainly it is caused by your device being associated with multiple accounts. The link  posted will help you to fix the issue - Data is Missing from My Garmin Account After Syncing

• Thanks for the tips, but these ones I've already tried and unfortunately it still isn't working. Guess I will have to wait for the next update :/ 

• I probably described my problem a little bit confusingly.

Here is a better description: my watch does show me the activities but it didn't synch my steps, heart rate during the day, and other stuff like for example sleeping...So I probably have the same problem as GavinWhybra.

I tried that method that I removed the device from the app and Bluetooth and later connected it again....but this unfortunately doesn't work so if there arent any other tips, I will probably have to wait for the next update :/ 

• Here is a better description: my watch does show me the activities but it didn't synch my steps, heart rate during the day, and other stuff like for example sleeping

In that case your watch is asociated with multiple accounts as described in the linked document, and you have to fix it. Make sure you followed the instructions in the document carefully and precisely. Remove the device from all app you use (or have ever used) - Garmin Connect Mobile, Garmin Connect Web Garmin Express, Garmin Explore, etc. If you used any other phone previously, remove it from there too. And then start anew.

There is also a remote possibility that the monitoring FIT file is broken, but it is almost certainly not your case.

I will probably have to wait for the next update

What update are you expecting to fix the issue? There is no probem with the current version (regardless whether you mean the FR45 firmware, or Garmin Connect). If the current version were not working, there would be thousands of users complaining here, and not just two of them.

• Since the last update yesterday , garmin connect doesnt work as it should to upload a ride , if i try to do a refresh or upload a ride the garmin connect app disconnects from the phone (Oppo R9S Plus) i have tried repairing devices but same situation garmin connect disconnects to phone and nothing can b done , Sonething is obviously not right with the update !

• Since the last update yesterday

If you think it is caused by an update of the app, install an older version from an APK archive, such as apkmirror.com, apkssl.com, or softpedia. BTW, it is also one of the tips in the Sync / Connection Troubleshooting Guide 

• Mám stejný problém, po poslední aktualizaci mi zmizely z aplikace connect karty tepu a spánku, v aplikaci jsou normálně synchronizovány, ale nejsou vidět na hlavní obrazovce a nejdou ani přidat. U starší verze aplikace fungují normálně.