This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Challenges

Why do my steps on the challenges page show as 75k but on the connections challenges page as zero?   ro? 

Top Replies

All Replies

• My answers:

1. Yes, all of them
    2. No, just one group
    3. My privacy for Activities is Connections only, and until now it worked just fine for Group Challenges.

Moreover, I can copy your sentence: The totals were until now shared to the groups fine, despite the privacy set to Connection. Some of the members of my group had been also cleared to zero, but not all of them.

However, in my case there is a difference. I changed the privacy settings on my Profile to Connections+Groups, and the new activities started to show up the next day in the group statistics. Then I edited all my June activities (walking, running and cycling) since the beginning of the month, setting privacy on Connections+Groups (they all had Connections set previously). After that all of them returned to the group challenges stats. Unfortunately, there is no way to do the same for historical daily activities, including steps and calories - the challenges I used to be on top until the glitch.

• I personally haven't done a connection challenge since the app updates over a week go.  But I am curious, has anyone compared to the iPhone app or the Garmin Connect website (connect.garmin.com)?  

• Same for me. 1. Yes, 2. Yes 3. Connections and groups (5). Changing settings makes no difference.

However, there is also something else going on. When you create a new challenge it cannot be longer than 31 days anymore, previously I was able to create challenges for groups of six months or a year.
    Support has not yet responded.

Update: support say they are working on it, to get it up and running again.

• No this is not the solution 

• And what was there answer to that because it's almost 2 month's and nothing has changed

• And what was there answer to that because it's almost 2 month's and nothing has changed

Nothing will likely change, unless there is a huge number of people contacting the Support directly, and demanding the fix. The answer of the Support untill now was typically blaiming it on the privacy settings. Strangely, the issue does not concern everyone - I see in my group with 400 members, that half of them still does have the results counted. And their privacy setting for Activites apparently plays no role, because some of them have the Activities visible to the rest of the group, while others don't.

• For me it has been the solution

• For me it has been the solution

Even if it worked (for me it did not), it is not the solution, because for privacy reasons a lot of people do not want to share all the details about their whereabouts, including personal notes, and detailed stats, to widely opened public groups. Not only the data may be quite sensitive in some cases, but it can be easily abused by criminals.

Previously the totals were counted, even if the details of the Activity were hidden. And that was the optimal solution, that ideally should be restored. I am afraid though, that it is not going to happen.