This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Challenges

Why do my steps on the challenges page show as 75k but on the connections challenges page as zero?   ro? 

Top Replies

All Replies

• Why do my steps on the challenges page show as 75k but on the connections challenges page as zero? 

Perhaps you do not share any information with your Connections, hence you do not see even yourself on that page. Check out your privacy settings.

• HI there,

I've always had my private setting to be private, I was always able to see my steps with all my challenges. 

My mother has private setting to private, also, and hers is working fine, just like mine was till yesterday.

Today I stop see my steps on the challenges I have with my groups.

Do you have any suggestion of why this happened today?

General Challenges by Garmin

Challenge with connections and groups. In this one, I should be in second place, because this week I've already have 37.418 steps. But it's assuming 0

Challenge with my connections. This one is correct.

Kind Regards,

Nidia Ponte

• Do you have any suggestion of why this happened today?

I'd tell because Garrmin did some change that caused this side effect. Many users are reporting similar issues, and I see it in my own Challenges too. Report it to the Support (they may not be aware of the effect they caused by the recent change), and hope they fix it soon.

• Thank you so much for you input. I will report now.

Kind regards,

• Hi there, 

I just want to give you the feed back I got today from garmin.

Hello,

Based on your current privacy settings for your account and previous Activities/Daily Summaries, the challenges are displaying the data properly.

In order to have the appropriate data display in a challenge, the account's Privacy setting needs to be set correctly (Connections, Connections & Groups, or Everyone depending on the type of challenge you are in) and the privacy setting for each previous activity and/or Daily Summary (for steps/wellness data) needs to be set accordingly.

FAQ, "Adjusting Privacy Settings in Garmin Connect" can assist with changing the setting for future Activities and Daily Summaries. This change only applies to new Activities and Daily Summary dates and once done future challenges will update appropriately. There is currently not a bulk option to update the privacy settings for multiple Activities and Daily Summary dates at once.

This does not solve my problem. I've replay to them say this:

Hello again,
    I just want to add to my previous reply this image to show you that is not about privacity. 
    As you can see in image 1 and 3, the steps are assumed, they show. The image 1 is a challenge organized by garmin, and the challenge 3 is a challenge with a connection.
    In the image 2 a 4, they were challenges with groups and all people are my connection, and as you see the steps are 0 (zero).
    Adding to this, I also attached image 5 and 6 that show previous challenges with my groups and the steps are there.
    And more, my mother has settings like mine - private, and as you can see in image 7, her steps show in her app. 
    The despairing of the data from those challenges happened yesterday, and before that everything was ok.
    So I ask again for help to see the problem.
    Kind Regards,

And I add the photos I share here yesterday with you. Also add this one (photo 7)   

The point is: 

1. I've always had my setting on the activity to private
    2. I've always had access to my own steps in my own challenges, created by me, with my connection and in the groups I've created. 
    3. Suddenly on 18th of june in to of the challenges i've create my steps disappear, they are 0 (zero).
    4. why in the other challenge I've got with one connection show, and those that are group, does not show?
    5. why I cannot see my own steps ? if the setting privacity say "show only you". ?
    6. I've contact garmin by chat, after some teste, the person that spoke with me say it was a glitch and he was going to escalate and created a tick.
    7. Today I got answer that does not answer my questions, and does not resolve the problem.

So hope I will have better new to you.

Does anyone else has this problem?

Kind Regards,

• I have the same problem since this week - no changes in settings

- Garmin Connect App= sync OK /

- Garmin Challenge=  sync OK /

-private Challenge Groups=  no sync -  all data 0

• I have exactly the same issue with group challenges. A few days ago all my statistics had been set to zero and they do not increase. The same happened to some of my colleagues from the group, but not all of them. It looks like a global Garmin issue. It worked fine previously, and now my challenges stats are frozen to 0, even though my profile shows the activities  properly.

• My results also disapeared from Group Challenges. Would be interesting to know, whether there is some common denominator for users experiencing this issue.

1. Did you participate in any of the recent June Badge Challenges (Fortnight 150K, Weekend 40K, Weekend 10K, Ride to 100, Weekend Walking, or Major Miles)? If so then which ones?

2.  Are you a member of multiple groups?

3. What are your default privacy settings for Activities?

As for myself, the answers are:

1. Yes, all of them
    2. Yes, I am a member of 3 groups
    3. My privacy for Activities is Connections only, and until now it worked just fine for Group Challenges.

I wish to keep sensitive data about my whereabouts private, sharing them with the closest friends only, not with the large groups. The totals were until now shared to the groups fine, despite the privacy set to Connection. Now, when the totals disappeared, I tried changing the setting to Connection+Groups, and even changing accordingly the privacy settings of past Activities, and quiting/rejoining the groups - all with no effect.

• It is funny to follow the progress - it seems the past results are continuously reset at more and more users. As I wrote, I am a member of three groups, where one of them is a bigger one with almost 400 members. At the beginning I was one of the first ones to be kicked off, with my results being set to zero, but since a few days each hour there are continuously 1-3 more other users kicked out too. So while at the start I was still at the rank #4, after the glitch, when I was kicked out, I dropped to some ~350th place, and now I am already on the rank ~150, because others start to be concerned by the issue too, and we all get the same rank with 0km. So hopefully in a few days everyone gets kicked off, and we'll be all with 0km on the rank #1! Smiley

• Im having the same issue, just noticed all my challenges reset this morning.. I'm at 

Also noticed my app reset this morning asking question like it was new.