This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Why does the Garmin Connect Mobile Android app not connect with my vívoactive 3 Music via bluetooth any more?

Since yesterday the app and the watch do not connect any more. Bluetooth is enabled but nothing happens. The watch and the app are up-to-date. After a while I tried to re-pair both by removing the bluetooth connection on the app and on the phone and restarting both devices. The phone can find the watch but the linking process does not succeed. Your help with this would be much appreciated. 

Top Replies

All Replies

• Is it possible that another device is interfering? The only time this has happened to me is when I had my iPad with Connect and my Android phone with Connect nearby. Basically, my watch wouldn't connect to my phone because it seemed to prefer my iPad. By turning off BT on the iPad, the problem went away.

• I don't think so as I have installed Garmin Connect on my Android device. I use bluetooth headphones but they did not cause any problems so far.

• There is a checklist with 17 different points to verify (some of them containing multple tips) in this thread. The problem is for example often caused by stucked BT or network cache on the phone. Sometimes it happens during an OS update, or after an update of the app. However, there are many other possibilities as well, including diverse OS optimizing options that can block the BT communication.

• So it finds my device (picture on the right) but it fails to complete pairing (picture on the left). The picture in the middle show what happens in between.

Thanks for the link. I will see if this helps me to get it to work again. I don't really fancy having to do a hard reset on either phone or watch.

• Setting up pairing via the phone rather than the Gamin Connect app seems to have done the trick. Thumbsup

6) Try removing the pairing of the watch from phone's BT devices, and re-pairing it from the phone's BT page (unlike what Garmin's User Manual suggests). If it does not help, remove the pairing again and try initializing the pairing from the watch, just like the User Manual tells.

I still have no clue why it started acting up in the first place but I guess this doesn't matter now.

A big thanks to and !!