This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Spotify CIQ App not working correctly

We are investigating reports that the Spotify CIQ App not working correctly and we are wanting your feedback. Please provide some details about what is occurring when you try to use or setup the Spotify Connect IQ App. Below are just a few questions we would like answered.

• What is happening? (e.g. failing during setup, sync failure, playback failure, etc.)
  • What kind of phone are you using?
  • What kind of headphones are you using?
  • What Garmin Device do you have?
  • When was the last time Spotify worked correctly?
  • Does the problem only happen with a specific Audio File?
  • Are you using Public WiFi? (Using a Wi-Fi Device on a Captive Portal)
  • What software version is on your Device?
  • Do you have a vivoactive 4 (Hero Series or Saga Series) device? 
  • OnePlus5T: Forerunner 245 Music watch is connected to wifi. When trying to sync spotify music playlist there is always the report that the wifi is not connected. We have already checkt if the watch is visible in our wifi box settings. It says that the watch is connected rightly. Headphones connected via bluetooth and working. I just bought the watch so Spotify never worked. Wifi is privately (WPA2 and 2.4 Ghz). I updated the software on the watch as well as the app software (version of Forerunner 245 music software: 4.10 (8ac80a8)). But it does still not work. Does someone of you have any further hints? What else can I do to get the watch working?

• Cant Sync Playlists using Spotify, because WiFi wont connect.

• What is happening? Waiting for Wifi to Connect - Connection Error (although wifi was installed properly and checked ok during setup in garmin connect. Activity-sync over wifi works excellent!
    • What kind of phone are you using? Oneplus 6T and Pixel2
    • What kind of headphones are you using? JBL Bluetooth
    • What Garmin Device do you have? Forerunner 945 and Vivoactive 4
    • When was the last time Spotify worked correctly? one the watches never
    • Does the problem only happen with a specific Audio File? no
    • Are you using Public WiFi? (Using a Wi-Fi Device on a Captive Portal) no
    • What software version is on your Device? latest
    • Do you have a vivoactive 4 (Hero Series or Saga Series) device? yes
    Note - this happens with my wpa2-encrypted network, just created a non-encrypted hotspot and connection to this was fine.
  • Hi bug-i

I had the same problem with Vivoactive 4. For me the solution was not to connect to my home WI-FI but use a WI-FI tethering from my smartphone.

So basically I have setup WIFI on my phone and connected to it. Then "Wifi to Connect - Connection Error" was gone and I could download playlist with 50 songs (didn't test more - probably it would still work). Only downside it uses you smartphone data plan.

Here is a guide how to setup tethering on Android device: https://www.howtogeek.com/170302/the-htg-guide-to-tethering-your-android-phone/

Best regards,

Jan.

• Thats nice, and the same workaround I used, but this cant be the solution. This is an obvious bug and Garmin has to fix this!

• You wrote that problem exists with WPA encrypted network. I did switched off my WPA2 on my home WI-FI to check if it can connect and it did Thinking Syncing works.

When I was using tethering from my phone I also had WPA2 PSK enabled, which I think is default option and it worked fine. Thinking

So there must be some difference between WPA on home router and WPA on phone. But it looks like a bug for sure Grin

• Hi,

try disabling WPA2 on your router but it will allow to connect any device to your network (without password).

Best,

Jan.

• - Could you try changing your DNS setting to 8.8.8.8?

• PROBLEM SOLVE!!!

PROBLEM - I have bought my Garmin Vivo active 3 music a while ago, at first the set up was easy and i got it to sync with spotify using my Iphone 8 plus along with private wifi. After a month or two I could not update my playlist for some reason. Every time I try to do so it would say "incorrect password" or "Sync filed" I got so frustrated. 

WHAT I HAVE DONE- I had tried to uninstall both connect, and connect IQ app off my phone and reinstalling it. didnt work. I tried to remove spotify from my phone and uninstall it from my watch and reinstall it. Didnt work. I tried updating spotify through my app, update my watch. Didint work. I basically tried all sort. 

HOW TO FIX THIS ISSUE - RESET your watch, yeah its *** but IT WORKS (well for me anyways) Hold touch scree>setting>system>reset>delete data and reset.  GO TO CONNECT app and connect this to your phone, reconnect to wifi and install spotify. THEN once all done follow the normal process of downloading/sync music. 

Not too sure if it will work for everyone, but it worked for me. GOOD LUCK. 

•  I wish but my router does not support that Slight smile I need to do it on every client separately, can I do it on my Vivoactive 4 somehow?

• 1. No response from Spotify. I used to be able to open and play music from my watch. 2. Motorola e5 plus. 3.Wired headphones or my little Bluetooth speaker. 4. Forerunner 35. 5. About one or two updates ago. 6. No. 7. Not sure but I know everything is updated. 8. No