This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Spotify CIQ App not working correctly

We are investigating reports that the Spotify CIQ App not working correctly and we are wanting your feedback. Please provide some details about what is occurring when you try to use or setup the Spotify Connect IQ App. Below are just a few questions we would like answered.

• What is happening? (e.g. failing during setup, sync failure, playback failure, etc.)
  • What kind of phone are you using?
  • What kind of headphones are you using?
  • What Garmin Device do you have?
  • When was the last time Spotify worked correctly?
  • Does the problem only happen with a specific Audio File?
  • Are you using Public WiFi? (Using a Wi-Fi Device on a Captive Portal)
  • What software version is on your Device?
  • Do you have a vivoactive 4 (Hero Series or Saga Series) device? 
  • I could only get it to work by connecting to my phones hotspot.  then it connected and transferred my playlists without any issues.

• I have a Vivoactive 4 and a Samsung S8+ phone.
    Every time I sync music it fails multiple times and requires numerous attempts to transfer more than a few songs to the watch. This happens every single time and I've grown used to it. I just assumed smartwatch music technology is still super janky and I should have waited another half-decade before investing.
    The more pressing issue is that occasionally when I open the Spotify app on the watch and press Play, absolutely nothing happens. It just won't load any tracks from selected playlists. it shows the playlists but when I select one it won't load the track at all. I've tried turning the watch off and on, disconnecting and reconnecting the headphones, I even went to extreme lengths and jogged a few minutes without music.
    One fix appears to be to reinstall Spotify, but considering the soul-crushing experience it is to get more than a dozen music files to transfer to the watch, this is not the desired solution.
    Another "fix" appears to be to delete some music, then try to sync something new to the watch. After that, it might play music again.

• Vivoactivr 4s sync fail with my Samsung S10. 

Try to add songs, the screen stays on 0% complete sync. Then says sync fail.

Spotify works perfectly fine on my phone.

Using home wifi

• Samsung Galaxy S10 / JBL Bluetooth Earpods 120 TWS / Garmin Venu

Hello, my Problem is, when i connect my Earpods with the Venu and starts the music with the Spotify connect App, it falters/stutters so badly...

And no matter where i will stand, in the House, outside... Same problems.

• What is happening? (e.g. failing during setup, sync failure, playback failure, etc.)
    •    Sync Fails after I pick a play list (has one song in it)
    •    Samsung S8 Plus
    •     Jib+ (they connected just fine
    •     Vivoactive 4s
    •     Never, watch is newer and I just now started trying
    •    Happen with Amazon Music and Spotify
    •    Private home network
    •     I have Spotify 1.4.1. Garmin Connect 4.36.3. Watch SW version 5.10. WIFI version 2.60. Connect IQ 3.2.1
    •   No
    • What is happening? (e.g. failing during setup, sync failure, playback failure, etc.
    •   Sync Fails after I pick a play list (has one song in it)
    •    Samsung S8 Plus
    •     Jib+ (they connected just fine
    •     Vivoactive 4s
    •     Never, watch is newer and I just now started trying
    •    Happen with Amazon Music and Spotify
    •    Private home network
    •     I have Spotify 1.4.1. Garmin Connect 4.36.3. Watch SW version 5.10. WIFI version 2.60. Connect IQ 3.2.1
    •   No
  • Hello, Phenix 6 Pro Connected with 1MORE BT ANC PRO, Spotify hangs up, when Pause at Earphones is pressed, Spotify App has to be closed and has to be restarted.

Additionally, Music does not Play During the First Minutes After starting an activity

• Does Garmin even read these? there are so freaking many problems and seemingly no solutions! it is exasperating! Why no word on a fix? Why no refunds? There should be action, this problem has been years in the making and watches are still advertised and sold as doing something that clearly they often fail to do. Call me disappointed. 

• Solved for us. We setup a second network on the router. Exactly the same settings, just a different name, instantly connected and Spotify synced,