This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin doesn't stay connected with the Connect app on my Huawei Smart Plus 2019

Hi,

The last days my Fenix 5s plus doesn't stay connected with the Connect app on above mentioned Huawei phone.

When I started to use my phone I read all the tips and tricks on this forum and I used it. My phone and watch did what they were supposed to do.

But now... not possible to get it connected without restarting my phone and watch.

Can anyone help me out?

• It probably should tell it but it doesn't. My watch simply not exists for this application until.you reboot you phone. Then it automatically connects to a watch and does everything it should.

• My watch simply not exists for this application until.you reboot you phone.

Are you telling that the icon of the watch disappears from the top of the appliation completely? Or is it there without being connected (green point)? If so, what does the phone's Bluetooth screen tell about the phone? Is BT still on in that moment? Is the watch listed among the visible BT devices? If so, then in which group do you see it on the BT page - Paired or Available?

Also, did you try the manipulation that fixed the problem for ? He describes it here in the thread a few posts ago:

https://forums.garmin.com/apps-software/mobile-apps-web/f/garmin-connect-mobile-andriod/206937/garmin-doesn-t-stay-connected-with-the-connect-app-on-my-huawei-smart-plus-2019/999575#999575

How long did it work after you performed that operation?

• Bluetooth is turned on both on the watch and on the phone.

The GC application says that the watch is not connected.

Watch is not listed among the visible BT devices. 

I don't see options that are described in the response from Torbjörn in the application. I have only "Cancel" and "Remove device". Maybe if I restart my phone and watch will be connected I will see these options.

But after I reboot my phone it magically starts working without me doing anything.

• How long did it work after you performed that operation?

I can't really tell you that because I don't know the exact time. The way it usually works is I reboot my phone, then watch connects to a phone, then I forget about it and after some time it is disconnected again.

• Watch is not listed among the visible BT devices. 

On the BT screen, try tapping Scan at the top if you did not. Do you have any other commands on that screen? Or more options under the tripple-dot menu symbol up right? There should be minimally Advanced, but there can be more options. On some phones there is a command for clearing the BT cache. That also often helps with BT problems. Check all corners of the menu, and look for options that could block the communication.

Also, are there any other BT devices listed? If none at all, and you have some around, that could mean that phone's BT is off even if it tells it is on. If you have other BT devices paired and connected, try shutting them down or removing, to see whether it helps.

What model of Garmin watch do you use? What version of firmware does it run?

• I have Forerunner 645. Firmware version 6.40.
    I always use several headphones with my phone and they work fine.
    I've already rebooted my phone as usual and now the watch is connected. When it connected I can finally see "Update Connection" setting. Pressed it. Will see if it helps.
    But still, there is no watch in available devices in the BT settings. I have no idea if it should be there...

• But still, there is no watch in available devices in the BT settings. I have no idea if it should be there...

Should be under Paired, not under Available. When you did the Update Connection, there was no pairing dialogue like in Torbjörn's description? Or some messages?

• There is no watch under Paired nor under Available. I can see several headphones and GoPro there, but no watch.
    pressed "Update Connection" again. The dialogue with this option closes and nothing happens.

• There is no watch under Paired nor under Available.

Hm, that's strange. As I wrote, for the troubleshooting I'd recommend shutting down or removing all other BT devices, just to exclude a conflict among them. However, if the watch is not listed, it is certainly suspicious, unless your watch has the option to use the stealth mode, but I did not see that at Garmin watches, and doubt it is the case.

Well, wait now to see whether the manipulation helped, and if not, then I would recomend completely removing the watch from GC, and then adding it anew, precisely following the instructions for the first-time installation and pairing of thew watch.

• Nothing is on right now except the watch. So only watch connected now to a phone