This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Pay lost my Credit Card details

[Not sure if this best fits it VA3 forum or CGM forum so cross posting]

I've had a VA3 since June 2018, I've been very happy with it and the Garmin Pay function.  Since January my phone running CGM has been a Galaxy Note 9.

I've had two credit cards setup with it (though one I usually has suspended in the Garmin Connect Mobile).

It's worked well since I've set it up.

Today I went to pay for something and when I brought up the wallet it said I had no card setup!

When I tried to re-add them, CGM was saying it couldn't connect to the watch - but watch sync'ing was working correctly.

I turned off and on bluetooth on both my watch and phone.  That didn't fix it.  Rebooting the watch didn't fix it either.

Finally, rebooting the phone fixed the garmin pay connectivity issue.

But the card details were still all lost.

I re-added the cards and it seems to all be OK (I've yet to make a purchase which will be the real test).

I did notice when I added the cards there seemed to be a lot more details required than when I previously did the setup.

Within the last week the watch software automatically updated and I see that the changelog includes "Wallet improvements".  I think in the last few days there was also an update to GCM.

Could someone from Garmin suggest why all the Credit card details vanished? Should I be worried?

I'm hoping that the "wallet improvements" required greater security than what I previously had (presuming I was a reasonably early adopter of Garmin pay) so the cards were invalidated and needed to be re-added.

• After resisting uninstalling and reinstalling the app (4.23.1) for a week or so, I finally did it yesterday after a number of people said doing that fixed it for them.

It seems to have fixed it for me also. I need to test it at a retailer next.

• The issue preventing the GarminPay option from showing was due to something unrelated to GarminPay in the app.   This is why uninstalling and reinstalling fixes the issue.   A more permanent fix is in the works and should be released this week sometime.

• Can you provide more details about what the issue is?

• Similar problem for me. Went to use Garmin Pay and my watch said Wallet is Empty. Cards were present in the Garmin Connect app. Following the above I rebooted my phone, then the cards disappeared from Garmin Connect and I received a text from my bank saying Garmin Pay had been deactivated on the account. If I try to set up cards again the Connect app just gets stuck on the "Preparing your Forerunner 645 Music" screen.

Details: Forerunner 645 Music v6.20, Garmin Connect 4.24.1, Android 9.0. Accounts in use with Starling Bank and Santander.

• Ok this is seriously broken.I took the time to re-register my cards in Garmin Connect and synced the watch. Connect shows the cards but the watch still says the Wallet is Empty.

• I contacted Garmin Support via online chat and Nima walked me through deleting the Connect app from my phone, re-downloading it and re-registering my card. Now it is working again! Thanks.

• Full uninstall and then reinstall of Garmin Connect on my phone instantly solved the garmin pay issue I was fighting few days. Once reinstalled, I had to help my eatch to pair with app, had to go to bluetooth menu and force the pairing of watch, app didn't somehow do it for me as usual.