This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Pay lost my Credit Card details

[Not sure if this best fits it VA3 forum or CGM forum so cross posting]

I've had a VA3 since June 2018, I've been very happy with it and the Garmin Pay function.  Since January my phone running CGM has been a Galaxy Note 9.

I've had two credit cards setup with it (though one I usually has suspended in the Garmin Connect Mobile).

It's worked well since I've set it up.

Today I went to pay for something and when I brought up the wallet it said I had no card setup!

When I tried to re-add them, CGM was saying it couldn't connect to the watch - but watch sync'ing was working correctly.

I turned off and on bluetooth on both my watch and phone.  That didn't fix it.  Rebooting the watch didn't fix it either.

Finally, rebooting the phone fixed the garmin pay connectivity issue.

But the card details were still all lost.

I re-added the cards and it seems to all be OK (I've yet to make a purchase which will be the real test).

I did notice when I added the cards there seemed to be a lot more details required than when I previously did the setup.

Within the last week the watch software automatically updated and I see that the changelog includes "Wallet improvements".  I think in the last few days there was also an update to GCM.

Could someone from Garmin suggest why all the Credit card details vanished? Should I be worried?

I'm hoping that the "wallet improvements" required greater security than what I previously had (presuming I was a reasonably early adopter of Garmin pay) so the cards were invalidated and needed to be re-added.